Author Topic: Another Cavity Blackbody project for Fraser - yes another one !  (Read 680 times)

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Another Cavity Blackbody project for Fraser - yes another one !
« on: September 04, 2020, 03:23:21 pm »
As readers of my recent post will know, I purchased an IR Industries high temperature Cavity type Blackbody from the USA. Well I also found another that caught my eye  ;D

I saw an anonymous Electro-Optical Industries Cavity Blackbody head that looked to be compact and in nice condition. It appears to have a useful 1" cavity diameter rather than the much smaller cavities often found in the more contact head units.
A close look at the auction pictures lead me to believe that the head was likely a "Special" custom product based upon the EOI "LS" series. The seller provided me with pictures of the calibration labels and it would appear that the head unit was checked for accuracy at specific temperature of 227C. The calibration labels also indicated that the head unit was part of an FPA test bench. This would appear to have come from a thermal FPA or camera manufacturer. Such units are relatively rare and expensive so I could not resist it as the asking price. It is currently en-route to me from the USA.

This Blackbody will require a temperature controller as that is missing. I am not worried abut that though as a suitable controller can be made with a decent PWM drive PID. Many of the EOI controllers are overly complex fro my needs and are large 19" rack units. I will make a more portable controller unit.

The pictures are from the auction.

It seems Blackbodies are like buses for me....... nothing for ages .... and then two come along together !  ;D

Fraser
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 03:33:27 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Another Cavity Blackbody project for Fraser - yes another one !
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 03:25:29 pm »
EOI LS series datasheet  :)
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf