Author Topic: Hti HT-301 384 x 288  (Read 63958 times)

Offline Skashkash

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hti HT-301 384 x 288
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2021, 03:51:05 pm »
Re greases,
   That's interesting, I was not (originally) too worried about physical migration, but had never considered outgassing. 
    Not sure what kind of coating (if any)  is on the inner surface of the lens.

Will clean and swap out with something more suitable. Or maybe just try some Teflon tape.

Need something here, the threading is really quite loose and rough.

Offline Odiug

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2021, 07:53:33 pm »
Yes, thanks for the info on the greases. I was also thinking of applying silicone oil.  :-\

Disclaimer: I haven't tried the teflon tape on this thread yet. I once applied it to a loose helical focuser of a Newton telescope (Skywatcher Heritage 130p). Beware: the thread could cut pieces of teflon tape loose. But those are easier removed than drops of grease.

It seems we are not the only ones with loose lens threads. Anybody from HTI reading here? Any comments on this?
If this would be a rare occurance, I could still return my unit.

Regards
Guido

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2021, 08:35:33 pm »
There really is no good excuse for poor quality lens threads. That is a quality control issue that should have been rectified at the casing prototyping stage. The issue is likely with the internal thread of the camera casing, rather than the lens barrel thread. The cause could be a cast thread that is of poor quality or a CNC cut thread of incorrect tolerances and/or poor tooling. The focus thread on any thermal camera should be fine threaded and smooth action with no significant lateral movement. In some camera designs a coil spring in placed around the lens barrel to apply a preload to the focus thread for better lens barrel stability. Such is often used in loose tolerance lens thread situations though. I personally would not accept a lens focus thread that was so loose that it permitted image shifting during focussing and/or a rough focus thread movement. The manufacturer should do better on such basic mechanical elements of the design.

Fraser
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:46:33 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Odiug

« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »
Fraser, I totally agree, but now I am stuck with this device.

I was also thinking if a kind of spring mechanism could be 3D printed to preload the lens. Internally there is no room for it, I guess. Outside there is no clear edge where a spring could push against the lens.

3D printing a new housing with a tighter thread? Could be challenging. There might be a reason why it is made of metal. OTOH the housing is not really used as a heatsink. Any designers out there? :)

But back to the endstop issue: This endstop ring is held into position with something that feels like hotglue. How sensitive is the lens to applying heat? I have no experience with this kind of lenses. I would have a hot air soldering station, so I could apply carefully controlled hot air.

Regards
Guido

Offline Jermoun

« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »
Hi

I just received my HT 301 and when i connect it to my phone i cant see anything. Or it shows grey looking green where pixels change lil bit.
Adjusting the "zoom" doesnt help. What should i do ?

I tried this with Samsung galaxy tab A and Huawei p30 pro. Both has the same problem and the app was downloaded directly from manufacturer. App in google play didnt seem to work...

I added attachment what it looks like when taking pic....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 12:32:47 pm by Jermoun »

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2021, 12:37:41 pm »
I do not know what overlay options were set to appear in the sample image but I note that the company logo is missing. This could indicate a failure to complete the boot and configuration stages of the cameras startup.

If the captured image is not supposed to contain the logo, it looks like a potential stuck or inoperable FFC shutter that is sitting in front of the microbolometer. Is the centre spot temperature measurement function operable ? If so, see if it provides a reasonable reading that is either ambient temperature or a little higher due to self heating in the camera.

If the centre spot temperature appears reasonable the microbolometer is likely viewing the FFC shutter sitting in front of it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:07:34 pm by Fraser »

Offline Jermoun

« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2021, 01:25:04 pm »
Company logo was set off from the menu. When started after i hadnt touched to camera for 30 mins it showed temperature 32 C at middle. After a few minutes it shows 39 C in the middle. Room temperature is around 22.
Is there anything i could do to myself to Open that FCC ?
Or should i just return this piece and then hope for better one from them?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:26:52 pm by Jermoun »

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2021, 01:49:39 pm »
Ah, as I suspected, the logo was set to ‘off’. For future reference, the appearance of the Logo helps us to determine whether the system completed its system boot correctly  ;)

OK, those readings are exactly what I would expect of a thermal camera that has its FFC shutter stuck in front of the microbolometer  :-+

Solutions ? That is more difficult to answer. The possibilities are listed below.......

1. The FFC shutter became jammed against its ‘closed’ end stop due to the package being dropped in transit. To resolve the situation there are two obvious approaches. Either gently tap the dongle on your hand to free the shutter or open the cameras casing and manually move the shutter to free it. Do not be tempted to bang the camera on a hard surface as that can cause harm to the fragile microbolometer pixels.

2. The FFC shutter mechanism is ‘free’ to move but the solenoid that operates it is faulty. Return to seller for exchange.

3. The FFC shutter mechanism is ‘free’ to move but the connections to the solenoid that operates it have become disconnected. Either open the units case and refit the connections or return the camera to the seller for an exchange.

4. The FFC shutter mechanism has suffered mechanical damage or distortion either at time of manufacture or whilst in transit. The shutter is fragile and not easy to repair. Return the camera to the seller for an exchange.

Warning: Some third party sellers may open the returned camera and ‘refurbish’ it before sending the same camera or another ‘refurbished’ unit back to you. I do not favour this approach and recommend you insist in a new and different camera rather than a ‘refurbished’ product.

If it is easy to open the cameras casing without breaking any seals etc I suggest you, or if not confident, someone who is, looks at the FFC shutter assembly. It might be a very simple ‘repair’ that avoids the hassle of a return and any complications associated with such.

Fraser
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:04:28 pm by Fraser »

The following users thanked this post: Jermoun

Offline Jermoun

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2021, 02:32:04 pm »
Hey Fraser !

It helped u were right ! The shutter didnt open for some reason but after i opened the case and moved it to open position the camera started working normal! Thank you a lot! :-+

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2021, 02:37:38 pm »
Great news  :-+

Sometimes a FFC shutter/flag can get stuck in the closed position through 'stiction'. Once freed it should not re-occur. Make sure that the FFC shutter behaves normally and that this issue is not being repeated. If it does re-occur, it would be worth studying the FFC shutter assembly carefully to see if there is a tight spot or contact point that is holding the FFC shutter closed. It could simply be slight distortion in the FFC shutter or its housing. Hopefully this issue will not re-occur though.

Fraser
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:56:55 pm by Fraser »

The following users thanked this post: Jermoun

Offline VHSteven

« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2021, 08:05:29 pm »
Hi all,

Should it be of interest to someone... ;)  :popcorn:
I received my HT-301 a month ago now and the feeling I had with the HTI app was pretty bad. Thermviewer tried but that too has problems.
The HTI app just doesn't work, thermviewer does but the pictures taken don't hold the info I had on screen nor does the export allow me to do post-processing.
In short, I have not had a "wow experience" so far and from reading this forum, I'm not alone.
I made inquiries to obtain the SDK to overcome this obstacle. From HTI I got the answer "no" - I sent zrq a pm on this forum but have not yet received a response back.
So I have been looking further and guess what: I found a way to do postprocessing on the images taken with the HT-301  :-/O
<<  sorry if you're already :=\ by now  ;D >>

I started looking for windows apps and found the one from i3-thermalexpert.com called TE_Analist.
Together with the application came a folder with examples wich was nice to analyse the file structure it reads in and it had similarities... so I started working on converting one into the other.
It's WIP , and I started with a WhiteHot image taken from my device.
I found out that this app was using three files:
 * the IR image (saved as "..._IR.jpg")
 * a Visual picture ( " ..._VIS.jpg") and
 * a csv file ("...TEMP.csv")

For the VIS file, I used one from the examples. It doesn't match but who cares. I don't...
The IR.jpg was my jpg saved by thermviewer but from testing the app doesn't seem to use it.
So, to be expected, the interesting file was the csv one.

I wrote a function in powershell that I could launch from the prompt taking my ...temps.txt file as input and generating half of the TEMP.csv file.
Half since the csv is twice as big...

To build the second half I had to save my jpg as an 8-bit bitmap (it's only grey anyway) and grab the pixel values.
This worked!!!
I now have a postprocessing tool allowing me to switch colormap in postprocessing, adapt the ranges & everything.
This second half has not yet been automated though, I'm still crunching on that aspect ( I'm but an amateur-developer) but the concept is working.

This is the powershell function I used:
Code: [Select]
function SplitFile([string]$srcFile, [int]$w)
{
  $acc_val="8", "384"
  If (-not ($w -in $acc_val) )
  { "Illegal input: {0}, accepted values are 8 or 384 " -f $w
  return}

# First we set the destination filename out of the input filename
# go from file 'C:\...temps.txt' to 'C:\...temp.csv'  (.log for testing purposes)
  $a_File=$srcFile.split("\")
  $cnt=$a_File.Count-1
  if ($cnt -eq 0 -Or $a_File[0].Indexof(":") -eq 0 )
  {
     "Path info missing, incomplete or incorrect (No ':' or '\' found)"
     return
  }
  if ( $a_File[$cnt].Indexof("temps.txt") -eq 0 )
  {
    "Bad Input File-name (I expected temps.txt at end): {0}" -f $srcFile
    return
  }
  $pos=$a_File[$cnt].Indexof("s.txt")
  $a_File[$cnt]="IMG_"+$a_File[$cnt].Substring(0,$pos)+".log"

$destFile=$a_File -join '\'
  if (Test-Path $destFile)
  {
     Remove-Item $destFile
  }

# Now start processing the sourcefile
# Start by appending a space at the end, we need it for the chunking to match.
# we're going to chunk it in lines of $n chars, then divide all entries by 100 keeping the resolution to 2 decimals and finally change the
# delimiter from space to comma.

$a = gc $srcFile
  $a = $a + " "
  $n = $w * 5
  $min = 1000
  $max= 0

"Reading from: {0}" -f $srcFile
  "Writing to: {0}" -f $destFile
  "New line every {0} characters or {1} temperature readings" -f $n, $w

do
  {
      $lijn=$a.substring(0,$n)
      $a=$a.Substring($n)
      $a_lijn=$lijn.split(" ")
      $lijn = ""
      $a_lijn | ForEach-Object {
         "{0:n2}" -f ($PSItem / 100)
      }

for ($i=0; $i -lt $w; $i++)
      {
         $a_lijn[$i] = "{0:n2}" -f ($a_lijn[$i] / 100)
         If ($max -lt $a_lijn[$i]) {$max = $a_lijn[$i]}
         If ($min -gt $a_lijn[$i]) {$min = $a_lijn[$i]}
      }
      $a_lijn -join ',' | out-file -encoding ascii -append $destFile
   } while ($a.length -ge $n)
   "Highest temperature found: {0}" -f $max
   "Lowest temperature found: {0}" -f $min

# now remove the last <CR><LF> from the output file.
   $stream = [IO.File]::OpenWrite($destFile)
   $stream.SetLength($stream.Length - 2)
   $stream.Close()
   $stream.Dispose()
}

Any feedback welcome, congrats & booing all fine (as long as you have a good reason for it  ;) )

Cheers!

The following users thanked this post: therwp

Offline VHSteven

« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2021, 08:30:34 pm »
As a proof of concept, I mixed two of my own saved IR images:
 * the first half of the temp.csv file (temp-readings) are from one picture (the colored one on top right)
 * the second half (this is used to build the IR-image) is retrieved from the bitmap values out of the IR jpg from another picture.

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, therwp

Offline VHSteven

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2021, 02:31:07 am »
I made some progress and a new script (v1.0 if you like).
If you want to try it yourself, you'll need:
  *  the app Thermal Expert analyst (can be downloaded freely from their website)
  * Irfanview 64-bit (or 32-bit with slight modification of the script below), update your PATH environment variable to include i_view64.exe!
  * Windows 10 with powershell (the code below is a powershell function/script)
  * a folder "OUTPUT", in the same folder you have your exports from thermviewer in, and from where you'll launch the script.

It's best to use Thermviewer with WhiteHot as the color panel, that has been tested, the others might but are not verified.
I select the other color panels and manipulations in postprocessing much more conveniently.
It now allows for temperatures >100°C as well as <0°C (negative numbers)

Here's the updated powershell script:
Code: [Select]
function IRconv([string]$srcFile)
{
   $w = 384
   [single]$min = 1000.01
   [single]$max= -1000.01

# We need two inputs: the filename of the temp readings (formatted as date_time_temps.txt) & the filename of the jpg or png (formatted as date_time.txt).
# These are all as produced by Thermviewer. The _meta.json file is also created but not used (yet).
# That said, only one filename should be enough to retrieve the other one too so let's start.
# First we set the destination filename out of the input filename. For now, include the (relative or absolute) path ".\" or "c:\...\"
# go from file 'C:\..._temps.txt' to 'C:\IMG_..._TEMP.csv'
   $a_File=$srcFile.split("\")
   $cnt=$a_File.Count-1
   if ($cnt -eq 0 )
   {
      "Path info missing, so working directory is used"
      $Path=[String](Get-Location)
   }
   else
   { $path=$a_File[0..($cnt-1)] -join "\"
   }
   $Path=$Path + "\"
   "Working directory = {0}" -f $Path

$pos= $a_File[-1].Indexof("_temps.txt")
   if ( $pos -gt 0 ) { "Received the txt file as input" }
   else
   {  $pos = $a_File[-1].Indexof(".jpg")
      if ( $pos -gt 0 )  { "Received the jpg-file as input" }
      else
      {
         $pos = $a_File[-1].Indexof(".png")
         if ( $pos -gt 0 )  { "Received the png-file as input" }
         else
         {
            "Unexpected file name received as input. Aborting execution"
            return
         }
      }
   }
   $destFile=$Path+"OUTPUT\IMG_"+$a_File[-1].Substring(0,$pos)+"_TEMP.csv"
   $ImgFile=$Path+$a_File[-1].Substring(0,$pos)+".jpg"
   $TempFile=$Path+$a_File[-1].Substring(0,$pos)+"_temps.txt"

if (Test-Path $destFile)
   {
      Remove-Item $destFile
   }
   if (-not (Test-Path $ImgFile)) { $ImgFile=$Path+"\"+$a_File[-1].Substring(0,$pos)+".png" }
   "Reading temperatures from: {0}" -f $TempFile
   "Reading image from: {0}" -f $ImgFile
   "Writing to: {0}`n" -f $destFile

if (-not ((Test-Path $TempFile) -and (Test-Path $ImgFile))) {
      "*** File(s) not found - aborting***"
      return
   }
# Now start processing the sourcefile
# Start by appending a space at the end, we need it for the chunking to match.
# we're going to chunk it in lines of $n chars, then divide all entries by 100 keeping the resolution to 2 decimals and finally change the
# delimiter from space to comma.
# Note: The temperatures need to me mirrored L <-> R !

$a = gc $TempFile
   $a_list=$a.split(" ")
   $b_lijn=[Object[]]::new($w)

If ($a_list.count%$w)
   {
     $mod= $a_list.count%$w
      "Input txt-file has a bad size for this script. Size= {0} - Modulo= {1}" -f $a_list.count,$mod
      return
   }

# Transform all the temperatures
   for ($row=0; $row -lt 288; $row++)
   {
      $start=$w * $row
      $a_lijn=$a_list[$start..($start+$w-1)]

for ($i=0; $i -lt $w; $i++)
      {
         $val= $w-$i-1
         $b_lijn[($val)] = "{0:n2}" -f ($a_lijn[$i] / 100 )
         If ($max -lt $b_lijn[$val]) { $max = $b_lijn[$val] }
         If ( ($min -gt $b_lijn[$val]) -and ( $b_lijn[$val] -ne $null ) ){$min = $b_lijn[$val]}
      }
      ($b_lijn -join (',') ) + "," | out-file -encoding ascii -append $destFile

}
   "" | out-file -encoding ascii -append $destFile
   "Highest temperature found: {0}" -f $max
   "Lowest temperature found: {0}" -f $min

# Now come's the part that writes the image in an automated way = the second half of the csv-file.
   # Again, the values written in the csv need to be mirrored but, now vertically !!
   $Tmpimg=$path+"TmpImage.bmp"

& i_view64.exe $imgFile /resize_long=384 /resample /aspectratio /bpp=8 /gray /convert=$Tmpimg
   While ( (Test-Path $Tmpimg) -eq 0)  { start-sleep -s 1 }

$a = [System.IO.File]::ReadAllBytes($Tmpimg)

for ($i=0; $i -lt 288; $i++)
   {
      $lijn=($a[($a.count-($i*384)-384)..($a.count-($i*384)-1)] -join (',') )+","
      $lijn | out-file -encoding ascii -append $destFile
   }
   # copy the image file so it matches IMG_..._IR.jpg file - even though it doesn't seem to be used
   cp  $ImgFile ($Path+"OUTPUT\IMG_"+$a_File[-1].Substring(0,$pos)+"_IR.jpg")
   cp  $ImgFile ($Path+"OUTPUT\IMG_"+$a_File[-1].Substring(0,$pos)+"_VIS.jpg")
    # The _VIS.jpg is said to be optional but it needs to exist.

# Don't forget to clean up.
   del ($Path + "TmpImage.bmp")
}

Some more pictures taken & successfully loaded in Thermal Exper Analyst for postprocessing.
I converted one new capture from my camera and made a couple of screenshots of the program.
The original png generated by the HT-301 is included as well for reference.

Have fun,

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:03:04 pm by VHSteven »

The following users thanked this post: therwp

Offline Odiug

« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2021, 01:42:15 pm »
Coming back to unscrewing the lens.

The unscrew stop ring is held in place by something that felt like hotglue, but it's a more crumbly stuff that can be (carefully) pealed away. It did not melt using a soldering iron (tried 150°C to 250°C).
The ring looks like this:
1168226-0
1168230-1

After removing a bit of the crumbly glue, I screwed the lens all the way in and clamped the lens in a small vice (with rubber protection). The stop ring then sticks a little bit out and can be grabbed with a pair of pliers. Turn it counter clockwise to those gaps:
1168234-2
1168238-3
The ring can then be removed.

I am not sure if the crumbly glue also helds the actual lens in place. So I only removed the loose parts.

I used a teflon strip of 10cm (4inches) length and 3mm wide and wound it around the lens thread. That seems to work for me.

Disclaimer: This worked for me. Be extremely careful not to scratch the lens. You are on your own!  ;)

Regards
Guido

The following users thanked this post: therwp, RBsonic

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2021, 09:25:28 pm »
Great work, VHSteven!) i was wondering about palette changing too but kinda busy now to try your method)
about tread looseness - looks its a teething problem to mobile imagers, hope they will handle it. Anyone bought Infiray t3s in 2021? maybe they got better in this term or were ok initially? i read about loose treads on thermal expert q1 and therm-app but they made new versions that have much better treads, i own them so i know) and own loose hti301, even usb connector looses contact more frequently)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:43:15 pm by svgurus »

Offline therwp

• Contributor
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2021, 07:16:37 am »
Great work, VHSteven!) i was wondering about palette changing too but kinda busy now to try your method)
about tread looseness - looks its a teething problem to mobile imagers, hope they will handle it. Anyone bought Infiray t3s in 2021? maybe they got better in this term or were ok initially? i read about loose treads on thermal expert q1 and therm-app but they made new versions that have much better treads, i own them so i know) and own loose hti301, even usb connector looses contact more frequently)

I had thought that they were essentially the same product with different branding. No?

Offline VHSteven

« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2021, 10:36:22 am »
It could be but I don't think they are.
They share the image resolution but as proof from the paradox:
   - Their app doesn't work with the HT-301 camera.
   - if they were the same, I wouldn't have to write a conversion script  ;)
So I think they resemble and the HT-301 shares the resolution (the sensor?) with the TE-Q1 but that's as far as it goes.

just my thoughts though...

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2021, 09:12:29 pm »
So I think they resemble and the HT-301 shares the resolution (the sensor?) with the TE-Q1 but that's as far as it goes.

Afaik, hti isn't microbolometer chip maker, Infiray is) Hti 301 and t3s are 100% same by specs and both work with therm viewer, so its almost the same product) also, my hti works with xtherm infrared app. Didnt try opposite or had t3s in my hands, but had a chat with guy who sold 2021 t3s model, they are making it in black case with 6,8mm lens now, it has bigger front element than ther-app or thermal expert, but guess the same distortion) also he said that it sits better in usb socket and lens thread sits good, maybe due to longer barrel, but the size looks the same as in hti. I'm going to buy this new t3s and make a review, maybe on youtube) some photos from seller are in attachment. TE-Q1 has TiO sensor, not VOx, and more noisy picture. But it is completely shutterless
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:15:15 pm by svgurus »

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

Offline VHSteven

« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2021, 01:05:24 pm »

Afaik, hti isn't microbolometer chip maker, Infiray is) Hti 301 and t3s are 100% same by specs and both work with therm viewer, so its almost the same product) also, my hti works with xtherm infrared app. Didnt try opposite or had t3s in my hands, but had a chat with guy who sold 2021 t3s model, they are making it in black case with 6,8mm lens now, it has bigger front element than ther-app or thermal expert, but guess the same distortion) also he said that it sits better in usb socket and lens thread sits good, maybe due to longer barrel, but the size looks the same as in hti. I'm going to buy this new t3s and make a review, maybe on youtube) some photos from seller are in attachment. TE-Q1 has TiO sensor, not VOx, and more noisy picture. But it is completely shutterless

I don't really see the link to my post as I wasn't comparing against the t3s (from xtherm) but rather against the TE-Q1 (which is from Thermal Expert).
So two different things if you ask me...

Offline Messers

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2021, 12:24:39 pm »
Hi there!
I'm new to the forum, so if I'm asking dumb questions I apologize in advance!
I both have a HTI-301 (for a while, happy with it!) and a new T3s, which I got as it was offered for a price I couldn't resist to order. Both cams do work well with HTI or Xtherm app, I assume both apps are made from the same source, only minor differences.
The only problem I have is using the T3s as an UVC device. I use the thermal cams on my drones for animal rescue before harvests and the cameras need to work as a "normal" UVC webcam to be integrated into the video transmission system, I don't primarily need displayed temperatures or special colour palettes (although it surely would be a nice addition!).
UVC thermal video capture works great with the HTI-301, but when connecting the T3s to the system or any other PC, it is recognized as a UVC device, but I only get a green crumbled video, objects are barely visible. So, if anyone in here can give me a hint how to get the T3s to the same behavior and functionality as the HTI, I would be really happy!
Greetings,
Marcel

Offline therwp

• Contributor
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2021, 11:57:55 am »
Are you saying that you can connect your HT-301 to your computer and get an image over regular UVC?

Offline Stephmw

« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2021, 08:19:29 am »
Standard UVC and VLC works ok for me... plug and play.

Works almost as well with the latest HTI app & my Galaxy S9+ too.

edit1: I rotated & flipped the VLC stream, but otherwise no other changes

edit2: added obligatory hot object (coffee mug) screenshot
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:24:09 am by Stephmw »

Offline Djsajmy

« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2021, 08:41:55 am »
Does HTI have any discounts  / coupon code for Amazon?
I'm looking to get one on Amazon.de but it would be nice to get some discount on it :)

Offline Messers

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2021, 03:35:46 pm »
Yes, I get a "white hot" thermal video stream without any temperature information, but that's pretty fine for me,as I need to see objects (animals in size like deer, dogs and humans) with a significant temperature difference to the environment from a distance of 50-300 meters, and for this task the Hti makes a tremendous good job. Especially when compared to candidates like seek thermal compact pro or flir lepton sensors.
But the T3s does not spit out that kind of image directly , so there must be something to change in the software to get a UVC video stream. Any advice welcome!

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2021, 01:49:51 am »
Yeah I've been seeing a bunch of these Hti Chinese cameras for phones now on eBay with decent prices and decent prices. I wonder how good the quality of their images actually is? Also, what is their framerate? Is it <9fps or is it more like 30fps or 60fps?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf