Author Topic: MCU Programing Forum Section.  (Read 6754 times)

Offline PeterGTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
MCU Programing Forum Section.
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:58 am »
I would like to see a forum section or the main stream programing languages (Basic, C and ASM). Given the well balanced nature of this Forum, i think it would work well.
Given that most projects these days involve some form of MCU, i feel this is a natural extension.
Anyone else feel this would benefit the forum and its members?

Regards

Testing one two three...

Offline tyblu

• Frequent Contributor
    • blog.tyblu.ca
Re: MCU Programing Forum Section.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:55:35 am »
I think other forums fill this niche quite well: RenesasRulz, Four-Three-Oh, AVRFreaks, Microchip forums, then fall back to Electronics&Robotics (Stack Exchange beta site).
Tyler Lucas, electronics hobbyist

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:59:43 am »
I think other forums fill this niche quite well: RenesasRulz, Four-Three-Oh, AVRFreaks, Microchip forums, then fall back to Electronics&Robotics (Stack Exchange beta site).

I don't disagree. But if people want to ask here because it's where they hang out, then I think a category is a good idea.

Dave.

alm

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:56:46 am »
I can see why a vendor-neutral forum might be useful, you can't very well expect a balanced answer on something like AVRFreaks. Plus it makes for more interesting flame wars ;).

I'm sure there are plenty of other forums where people could get the same information, but no harm in creating another as long as there is enough interest.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »
i'm glad with the new section. but i'm not sure what Dave think on the direction of eevblog, or his interest. i mean software vs hardware design, analog vs digital, things like that.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:08 pm »
hopefully all aspects of electronics are brought to the forum. analogue still has it's place as does descrete electronics. there was a time when you didn't just whack an MCU in there but we probably don't realize how much used to be done with logic gates and transistors.

The thing with a forum for C and Basic is Who's C and Basic, true enough I head over to the mikroe forums when I have a software issue as they made the software. I once suggested a more hardware section ansd they refused.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf