Author Topic: Oh NO! I'm never buying any Agilent Keysight equipment ever again!  (Read 73453 times)

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
Re: Oh NO! I'm never buying any Agilent Keysight equipment ever again!
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »
This thread is officially an embarrassment. Would someone do humanity a favor and rename/lock/move/delete it? 

The following users thanked this post: GlowingGhoul

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »
+1 it needs some serious moderation
The whole thread had a funny smell from the beginning.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:52:23 pm by D3f1ant »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2016, 09:26:19 pm »
This thread is officially an embarrassment. Would someone do humanity a favor and rename/lock/move/delete it?
Why on earth are such actions required ?  :-//

What this thread really needs is a result whether it be good or bad for the OP doesn't matter so much, what really matters is how we will gauge KS's support/warranty/aftermarket service when that result is known.
That it hasn't been resolved thus far is surprising, we're ~1 week on now and haven't heard from the OP for nearly a couple of days in Reply #247.
Further updates would've been nice, let's hope nondisclosure agreements aren't the reason for the deafening silence.  :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2016, 10:23:11 pm »
If it isn't obvious, it needs moderation because this a test and measurement sub of an electronics forum.

The following users thanked this post: wraper, tautech, LA7SJA, LabSpokane

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2016, 01:52:08 am »
A company's reputation can be damaged by malicious insults. This is Norwegian law:

§ 247. Any person who by word or deed behaves in a manner that is likely to harm
another person’s good name and reputation
or to expose him to hatred, contempt,
or loss of the confidence necessary for his position or business, or who is accessory
thereto, shall be liable to fines or imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year. If
the defamation is committed in print or in broadcasting or otherwise under especially
aggravating circumstances, imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years may be
imposed.

Thanks, you just confirmed (again) your stupidity. Kim Jung would like to hire you. :palm:

what really matters is how we will gauge KS's support/warranty/aftermarket service when that result is known.
That it hasn't been resolved thus far is surprising, we're ~1 week on now and haven't heard from the OP for nearly a
couple of days in Reply #247. Further updates would've been nice, let's hope nondisclosure agreements aren't the
reason for the deafening silence.
:popcorn:

Exactly! :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: ebclr

Offline bsgdTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2016, 12:51:00 am »
Hello everyone!

I did not reply earlier because I was out of town since we had a holiday here. I also wont reply to posts about Brazil, Nowergian laws or Logitech mouses, since this is not what this discussion is all about :) This is about my experience with Keysight customer support regarding my specific case and that's what Im here to talk about.

Daniel got back to me on friday by e-mail. A warranty extension to cover for the repair has been approved and they are now taking care of some internal matters to proceed with the repair. Keysight Brazil still hasnt got back to me and the oscilloscope is still on the bench waiting for things to finally come together so they can proceed with the repair.

Once again I'd like to thank Daniel and Keysight for taking the time to look into this.

I will keep you guys posted as I believe many of you are waiting to know the final outcome of all this discussion that has been going on for days  :-+

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Ed.Kloonk, Teneyes, bitwelder, xrunner, 1xrtt, Tomorokoshi, Fgrir, gnavigator1007

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2016, 05:16:33 am »
I also wont reply to posts about Brazil, Nowergian laws or Logitech mouses, since this is not what this discussion is all about :) This is about my experience with Keysight customer support regarding my specific case and that's what Im here to talk about.

^This!   :-+

With some special things this forum have tight moderation but then with this kind OT things this is like worst scrap heap where brats throwing shit and others applauding.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2016, 03:01:06 pm »
Hello everyone!

I did not reply earlier because I was out of town since we had a holiday here. I also wont reply to posts about Brazil, Nowergian laws or Logitech mouses, since this is not what this discussion is all about :) This is about my experience with Keysight customer support regarding my specific case and that's what Im here to talk about.

Daniel got back to me on friday by e-mail. A warranty extension to cover for the repair has been approved and they are now taking care of some internal matters to proceed with the repair. Keysight Brazil still hasnt got back to me and the oscilloscope is still on the bench waiting for things to finally come together so they can proceed with the repair.

Once again I'd like to thank Daniel and Keysight for taking the time to look into this.

I will keep you guys posted as I believe many of you are waiting to know the final outcome of all this discussion that has been going on for days  :-+

Are you going to change the idiotic "Oh NO! I'm never buying any Agilent Keysight equipment ever again! " or are you going to let that insult stand? I don't think Keysight should have given you anything, for the record.

Offline rch

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2016, 03:25:30 pm »
AMI, is it possible to change the title of a thread?   And does it propagate through all the messages?

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »
AMI, is it possible to change the title of a thread?   And does it propagate through all the messages?

Yes, but the current title is perfect.

(well, maybe you could "...in Brazil" to it)

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2016, 05:16:22 pm »
Well I did it anyway, I bought a Keysight product...
VE7FM

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2016, 10:13:15 am »
No feedback from the OP in 10 days.  :scared:

I'm not afraid to ask: what's going on with this ?  :-//

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.   Come visit us at EMEX Stand #1001 https://www.emex.co.nz/

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #287 on: June 11, 2016, 01:03:25 pm »
8 of 10 of my test equp is HP/agilent , and I just love it.
They have released schematics of most of the equip I have (older stuff) like E4432B , 6632B etc.

Try to get info or schematics for a R&S unit , and you will meet the wall of silence.

For a hobbyist HP/agilent is a good choice

Just sad they ruined their forum w. The new layout

/Bingo
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:31:13 am by bingo600 »

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2016, 11:48:11 am »
Most of my test equipment is also made by Agilent / Keysight and I am very happy with it.
And when something broke, Agilent / Keysight always took care of it, even when it was slightly out of warranty.

I even bought used and defective Agilent / Keysight gear that was still in warranty and it was repaired free of charge.

And if some instrument breaks down out of warranty it is most of the time repairable, because we have Service Manuals available.

A tread like this will not discourage me at all to buy more new and used Keysight test gear.
At the end, I think it will not discourage anyone.

But I agree, the OP should change the title.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: LabSpokane

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2016, 11:55:13 am »
Most of my test equipment is also made by Agilent / Keysight and I am very happy with it.
And when something broke, Agilent / Keysight always took care of it, even when it was slightly out of warranty.

I even bought used and defective Agilent / Keysight gear that was still in warranty and it was repaired free of charge.

It sounds like you deal with them a lot.

When you post things like this it might be worth saying:
* How far away is your Agilent / Keysight office?
* How do you contact them? Do you go to the office or is it telephone+postal service? If so, who pays for shipping?
* How much equipment do you buy from them?
* Do you personally know anybody there?

Country is probably important, too. A hobbyist living in Brazil probably doesn't get the same level of service as a big company in a large German city.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:57:00 am by Fungus »

The following users thanked this post: ogoun

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2016, 12:26:42 pm »
1. Well, I am in northern Germany and Keysight has an Office in southern Germany, so may be 700 km away
-Shipment is usually UPS or FEDEX
2. I send them an email and get a RMA usually the same day
3. I don't think I ever bought equipment directly from them, except repair parts. Usually I buy Keysight equipment from:
- Distributor in Germany
- Keysight eBay store
- Used from around the world
4. No personal contact to the German Keysight office

We also used to have very good support in Germany for FLUKE, KEITHLEY and TEKTRONIX, up to like 10 years ago.
That has changed so much to the worst ever experience, since they all merged and centralized everything.
The last time I needed help with a Tektronix scope, I did not even get an answer form the support team in Germany.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: Fungus, LabSpokane, wagon

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2016, 05:07:11 pm »

We took care of him under warranty. It was an unusual situation and it made sense for the warranty to cover it in this case.

The following users thanked this post: Teneyes, nowlan, Frank, bitseeker, Marcos, rch

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2016, 08:23:09 pm »

We took care of him under warranty. It was an unusual situation and it made sense for the warranty to cover it in this case.
:-+
That seemed like the wise thing to do considering he was planning on replacing a # of his older equipment.
Hey, KS might even get a look in on supplying those replacements now.

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #293 on: June 13, 2016, 08:43:25 pm »
But yet the OP wasn't able to post a public "thank you" into this thread, despite all the effort and good will Keysight Daniel put into resolving his problem. And the offending subject title is still unchanged  :--

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:58:11 pm by continuo »

The following users thanked this post: wagon

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2016, 05:34:58 am »

And he didn't have the decency to come in here and say thanks? Uhuh.  :palm:

Offline Alex Nikitin

• Super Contributor
  • Femtoampnut and Tapehead.
    • A.N.T. Audio
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2016, 07:51:45 am »
Hmm, I think he did  ;) .

Hello everyone!

Cheers

Alex

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, sotos, Frank, nugglix, 3db

Offline bsgdTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2016, 01:39:46 am »
I would like to come forward and THANK DANIEL and everyone from this forum and from Keysight who helped me. Keysight fixed the issue and decided not to charge anything. I took some time to come here and tell everyone the outcome because I wanted to test the scope for some time to make sure all was perfect, as the last time the defect took quite some time to show up.

I also learned a lesson: repairing these scopoes is so expensive that I encourage EVERYONE to get an extended warranty  ;)

THANK YOU KEYSIGHT!

I have posted a new thread and crosslinked them so everyone knows what happene: :-+

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/thank-you-daniel-my-faith-in-agilent-keysight-has-been-restored-)/

The following users thanked this post: s8548a

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2016, 03:03:50 am »
Maybe you could also change the name of this topic.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline Faith

• Supporter
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2016, 03:21:56 am »
For sure. I've only had the pleasure of dealing with Keysight more recently (as I've always been very loyal to Fluke in the past); but now whenever I need new equipment I look to Keysight first before anyone else even if it costs me more upfront.

Their presales and most important aftersales support has been nothing short of spectacular; be it when communicating with them directly or through their eBay store.

So my stance is quite the opposite versus the subject of this thread (:
<3 ~Faith~

The following users thanked this post: s8548a

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2016, 06:13:08 pm »
Fluke has probably no DMM with 7 segment dual display like Keysight U1242C or Brymen BM829S.
Fluke 189 was discontinued.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf