Author Topic: Embedded Software Engineer; Silverstone, UK  (Read 3077 times)

Offline steaky1212Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Steaky - Sleep is overrated
Embedded Software Engineer; Silverstone, UK
« on: June 17, 2021, 08:40:59 am »
Hi all, we are looking for an embedded software engineer to join our small team full time.

The work is covered by an NDA so I can't go into any real details about what it would entail - which is frustrating in itself! I was the first embedded person in the team (hired in Sept2020), so I decided the system architecture, designed the circuit boards, and laid the foundation for the firmware.

More details are below:

About the parent company
Silverstone Paint Technology (SPT) are proud to be world leaders in their core business area, the development of technical coating solutions within elite sport. SPT currently provides services to 40% of the Formula One grid, as well as being technical partners with Team Ineos (formerly Team Sky), the most successful cycling team in modern history.
During their thirteen year history, SPT have developed innovative products and processes that have contributed to eight Formula One World Championships, a victory in the 2019 Tour de France and eleven Olympic track cycling medal wins for Team GB, including six gold.

About the job
This well-funded start-up/spin-off/skunkworks project has picked up pace, and we are now looking for people to join in the fun. You will be joining a small multi-disciplined team full of passionate and innovative people, working to solve some easy challenges and some really difficult challenges. Lots of jobs say this, but this truly is an opportunity where you will create a big impact in global industries.

Requirements
  • 2+ years commercial experience developing low level source code
  • Bare metal C programming experience for embedded devices
  • Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related
  • Experience taking a product from initial idea creation right through to production
  • Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary R&D team, as well as on individual projects
  • Familiarly with schematics and data sheets
  • Familiarity with debugging embedded software using common test equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyser, protocol analyser etc.)

Bonus points
  • Automotive communications protocols eg, CAN
  • Experience with Unit Testing and Static Analysis
  • Experience with STM32 product family and architecture
  • Experience with HDL (VHDL or Verilog)
  • Experience with C#.NET
  • Experience running and taking part in code reviews
  • Knowledge of SQL database design and administration
  • Experience with Linux

About you
  • Keen interest in new and emerging technologies
  • Personal interest in engineering outside of work, for example, home projects, contribution to open-source projects
  • Self-motivating, with a desire to continually improve and learn
  • Have good attention to detail
  • Willingness to help and support others across the team

Benefits
  • Chance to work at a fast growing tech startup within global sport
  • Excellent career opportunities
  • Great work culture and environment
  • Support in learning relevant technologies
  • 25 Days holiday
  • Your choice of new PC or Mac
  • Casual dress code
  • Free to use on-site gym
  • Free on-site parking
  • Free hot beverages and soft drinks

The listing is on indeed -> https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=5da0717bab99c47c&from=native&from=mobRdr&utm_source=%2Fm%2F&utm_medium=redir&utm_campaign=dt

If this interests you, either apply through indeed or DM me a CV.

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf