Author Topic: Modify original PCB degisn - paid project  (Read 4097 times)

Offline azelTopic starter

Modify original PCB degisn - paid project
« on: June 04, 2016, 06:06:13 pm »
Hi,
I've got an original PCB design that I'd like to hire someone to do a simple modification. I have the existing files available and would like the change made to those files.

The final result needs to conform to OSHPark's 2-layer specs: http://docs.oshpark.com/submitting-orders/preflight-checklist/
Preference given to those who have experience using OSHPark in the past.

Email azellaco@earthlink.net if you are available and can turn this around quickly.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:17:49 pm by azel »

Online jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
Re: Modify original PCB degisn - paid project
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 10:07:28 pm »
It might help if you listed the program which was used to create the files you have.   Let's assume it is Eagle.  Then one needs to know if this is for a commercial project or just a personal one. 

Compliance with Oshpark DRC is easy.   Been there many times.

John

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 10:32:51 pm »
He specifically wrote he doesn't have the original CAD files but only the Gerbers and the Gerbers need editing. Someone taking on this job will need to have access to a Gerber editor and AFAIK these aren't exactly cheap or common.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »
He specifically wrote he doesn't have the original CAD files but only the Gerbers and the Gerbers need editing. Someone taking on this job will need to have access to a Gerber editor and AFAIK these aren't exactly cheap or common.

Quote from: azel
Hi,
I've got an original PCB design that I'd like to hire someone to do a simple modification. I have the existing files available and would like the change made to those files.

The final result needs to conform to OSHPark's 2-layer specs: http://docs.oshpark.com/submitting-orders/preflight-checklist/
Preference given to those who have experience using OSHPark in the past.

Email azellaco@earthlink.net if you are available and can turn this around quickly.

I don't find anywhere in the OP's post mention of Gerbers.   Your crystal ball may need an overhaul.

John

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:27:33 pm »
Hi,
I believe I have the original Eagle files (I'm not very literate in this area).  There are also Gerbers.  I had another engineer create these for me.
The PCB will be for a commercial product that I will sell in short runs.  The mod I need is really simple and I will provide prompt payment (paypal, etc.).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Online jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 11:35:40 pm »
Hi azel,

First, I am not interested in the job.  My suggestion was intended to solicit a clarification that might help others decide whether to jump in.  Second, my version of Eagle is the academic version, so I couldn't do it, even if I wanted to do it.

Good luck.

John
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:39:20 pm by jpanhalt »

The following users thanked this post: azel

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 12:27:20 pm »
The position has been filled.

Offline kmossman

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 08:30:32 am »
Just have PCB maker do the mods for you.  Next?!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf