Author Topic: Oz: Melbourne - Hardware and Software developer opportunities (permanent)  (Read 5398 times)

Offline ajcTopic starter

• Contributor
Procept (a Melbourne based engineering and product development company) has some openings for both embedded hardware and full stack SW developers.  Check out the openings here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/procept/jobs/

Cheers,

Adrian
(CTO of Procept, not an HR droid!)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:44:16 pm by ajc »

Offline YurkshireLad

• Frequent Contributor
A s/w job in Australia? Dream on!  :)

Offline ajcTopic starter

• Contributor
It's not a dream!

Offline YurkshireLad

• Frequent Contributor
It is if you live in Canada and it's still winter!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: HackedFridgeMagnet

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
That dream might not look so great during a Melbourne summer when the thermometer exceeds 40C and half the surrounding countryside is on fire.

Offline YurkshireLad

• Frequent Contributor
That dream might not look so great during a Melbourne summer when the thermometer exceeds 40C and half the surrounding countryside is on fire.

True, but we can also exceed 40 with humidity. Minimal forest fires around here thankfully. Apologies for derailing the topic.

Offline Angela

Hello

PM sent , please check

BR

Angela

Offline Kerlin

• Regular Contributor
It stuns me (I sit unable to move with mouth open)  how some nationalities are well known for having no knowledge of other countries.
The only explanation is there is that no geography is taught in their schools, of particular note is their idea of what Australia is, most don't even seem to know where it is and its a giant continent.
I am not thinking from a point of national pride but others lack of knowledge.

If you have a house in the Melbourne suburbs you don't need to worry about bush fires, they very rarely reach the fringe of major cities. They happen every 3 to 5 years.
And no we don't have Kangaroos running around in cities.

The Melbourne summer is typically 40 deg C for 1 to 4 days and over 38 for around 6 to 8 days. Winter is 8 to 17 deg C.

Melbourne was recently the worlds most livable city for seven years, I think we lost it to Vienna, what else would you want ?
We are not post truth, conspiracy ridden, or racist.

We have been smart enough to arrange it so we don't have the virus, haven't had a single case for 23 days at the moment, currently the same nation wide.

I have no experience with full stack else I would grab it.
Stop worrying about what you hear and the misinformation on here.
Jump in quick and take the damn job.
As we say Come on in the waters fine.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:19:29 am by Kerlin »
Do you know what the thread is about and are Comprehending what has been said ?

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
It stuns me (I sit unable to move with mouth open)  how some nationalities are well known for having no knowledge of other countries.
The only explanation is there is that no geography is taught in their schools, of particular note is their idea of what Australia is, most don't even seem to know where it is and its a giant continent.
I am not thinking from a point of national pride but others lack of knowledge.

If you have a house in the Melbourne suburbs you don't need to worry about bush fires, they very rarely reach the fringe of major cities. They happen every 3 to 5 years.
And no we don't have Kangaroos running around in cities.

The Melbourne summer is typically 40 deg C for 1 to 4 days and over 38 for around 6 to 8 days. Winter is 8 to 17 deg C.
Kerlin, my comments on the Melbourne weather were made from experience of actually living in Melbourne for a few years.

As I recall it was definitely more than 1 to 4 days a year that the temperature exceeded 40C and that was before global warming was even considered a thing - it is probably worse now. It may depend on which Melbourne suburb you are in as to the peak temperatures experienced; those located closer to the coast probably benefit from cooling by sea breezes. I worked further inland at Mulgrave.

I recall often leaving the air-conditioned office at the end of a hot day, struggling to get to my car before melting into the asphalt and then having to run the car for a few minutes before the air conditioning kicked in enough so that you could sit on the car seat or hold onto the steering wheel without getting burnt.

It is true that the bush fires rarely reach the city fringes but they an still affect those living in the cities through poor air quality from the smoke. Some people choose to live outside of the cities boundaries and they can be directly affected by the bush fires. We had one guy in our office who said his house had been burnt down 3 times in bush fires. I don't know exactly where he lived but it was somewhere out past Ferntree Gully. You would think after having his house burn down the 2nd time he would consider moving to a safer area rather than rebuilding on the same spot.

Offline peteru

• Regular Contributor
Looks interesting. Are you open to Sydney applicants (that want to keep living in Sydney)?

Offline Kerlin

• Regular Contributor
Ho hum, forums.
When two people disagree one must be wrong.
Lived in Melbourne all my life, you are way way out and talking from a small not typical sample and are not familiar with this place.
The big disaster fires happen once every 10 to 20 years, never in the 'burbs.
Check the real irregularity here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushfires_in_Victoria

Ferntree Gully is 40Km out on the fringe and it is now much more developed.
Global warming is less than two degrees in the last century!

Fact -Check this Wikipedia and don't come back, its off topic.
Note the average high (27) and daily means in summer (21), which is Dec Jan Feb.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:24:10 pm by Kerlin »
Do you know what the thread is about and are Comprehending what has been said ?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
When two people disagree one must be wrong.

Or one fails to see the intended humour, dependent on not-quite-factual stereotype.

As an aside, it may - no, it really has - surprised you to know that all 7+bn people in the world haven't been taught the minutest details of Melbourne day-to-day weather. Frankly, I'm unsurprised people a couple of miles away from here aren't au fait with the seasons at my gaff. Hell, it catches me out often enough!

Offline emmawarner96

Its a very saturated marketplace for software developers, you need to work hard in finding suitable employments initially but once you get it, you have a chance to build your professional career there

Offline spidola

• Contributor
Melbourne was recently the worlds most livable city for seven years, I think we lost it to Vienna, what else would you want ?
Well, I would like not much, affordable housing prices and better job market to start with.  ;)

Online knapik

• Regular Contributor
Ah, I just saw one of your job listings on Seek and was going to apply soon.

Offline steamedhams

• Regular Contributor
I would totally apply here when I move back to Melbourne!

Missing the coffee.. but Springvale has bubble tea... also good  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf