Author Topic: Salaries for Senior Software Developer in Australia and New Zealand?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline YurkshireLadTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
What are typical salaries for Senior Software Developers in Australia and New Zealand? My wife and I both have a dream to emigrate and ultimately retire down under and we're always looking ahead at options. She is a Software Tester and Requirements Analyst (I think her official title might reference Business Requirements). I realise COVID isn't the best time to ask or even think about this, but any info would be appreciated. No harm in dreaming and having a little fun, right?!  :)

Offline Stuart Coyle

• Contributor
Salaries vary quite a bit by industry, speciality and demand. I work in backend web development in Ruby, Elixir and Javascript: salaries are in the AUD 100,000 to 130,000 range per annum.

The following users thanked this post: YurkshireLad

Offline gbaddeley

• Regular Contributor
Re: Salaries for Senior Software Developer in Australia and New Zealand?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 11:07:43 am »
Salaries vary quite a bit by industry, speciality and demand. I work in backend web development in Ruby, Elixir and Javascript: salaries are in the AUD 100,000 to 130,000 range per annum.
Yes, for a Senior. Take off Tax and Compulsory Superannuation and Medicare Levy. Most jobs have 4 weeks annual leave + Carers leave + uncapped sick leave + pre-tax deductions. YMMV.
Glenn

The following users thanked this post: YurkshireLad

Offline YurkshireLadTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Salaries for Senior Software Developer in Australia and New Zealand?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 06:46:05 pm »
COVID isn't the best time to dream about moving down under. Oh well, maybe in my next life!  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf