Author Topic: Do employers have a right to discriminate against color-blindness?  (Read 44106 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Do employers have a right to discriminate against color-blindness?
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2019, 08:07:07 pm »
Last warning for what? Being against Nazis? Oh, no! Will you ban me foe that?

1) Consider that in the era of VPN's, banning someone is a formality.  Doing so only exposes your impotence. 

2) This thread has been archived and your position on human rights violations in china has been archived permanentlly.

3)  I have not used this forum much but I have access to an offline archive of test equipment and consumer equipment  schematics that no longer exist except in the hands of a few of my colleagues as well as firmware build info and general knowledge from nearly 30 years in RF, Automotive, etc that I could help many people with many things.

Ban me, you impotent cuck.  I will take my knowledge elsewhere.  I thought this place was interesting and not populated by "impotent fragile cuck mod". I was wrong. Go back to your safe space. Your generation doesn't deserve what the experienced among us have to offer. Move to china  ;D ;D :palm:

Posting from free vpn instead of mcdonalds wifi to prove my point.  DO IT.

OK so you have now decided to wreck the thread.

1) yea we know about that, how determined are you? you won't be the first. Sure banned members have returned and they have even been allowed to stay if they play nice, plenty have come back constantly. The time to banning around here can be a matter of minutes so if you want to waste your time go ahead.

2) really? who's position? mine, Dave's, every single member? Just because we don't want to discuss such matters does not indicate anyones position. This is an electronics forum, not a political one, as a rule we do not discuss politics as it generally descends into mud slinging matches that benefit no one. Talking about it here does not help anyone.

3) that is clear and if you are going to play the stuck up valuable member card just remember where the door is or get ready to be shoved throught it. We don't care how knowledgeable you are or what information you have. In the past long standing members were given many benefits of the doubt but it never worked and they were banned anyway becasue no matter how long you have been here the rules still apply to you.

As for safe spaces I don't know what you are talking about. I say again as you seem a bit dense that this is an electronics forum and we avoid such topics. People here are from all over the world, we live in harmony discussing our common passion, electronics. We can all agree to dissagree about non electronics matters. as a rule politics, religion and conspiracy theories are not to be discussed as it just causes too much upset with the varied membership we have taking into accout language barriers for some.

If you need it in black and white see here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/forum-rules-please-read/

Oh and as for impotence I think you are the only one. This forum has run for nearly a decade quite smoothly and this has been achieved with no more than 3 main moderators and currently 2, if we were that impotent as you put it this place would have gone out of control ages ago. As for the age difference you seem to percieve, I do not care how old you are, you won't be the first person old enough to be my grandfather (OK Dad) that I have had to deal with!

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, 2N3055, Nusa

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2019, 08:29:51 pm »
Anytime you're talking about the actions or policies of a government, it's politics. By definition.

politics noun, plural in form but singular or plural in construction
pol·​i·​tics | \ ˈpä-lə-ˌtiks  \
Definition of politics
1a : the art or science of government
 b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
 c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2 : political actions, practices, or policies
3a : political affairs or business
especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
 b : political life especially as a principal activity or profession
 c : political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
4 : the political opinions or sympathies of a person
5a : the total complex of relations between people living in society
 b : relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2019, 08:35:57 pm »
I am not exactly sure what you are driving at, I think the point I made was clear. I know some topics drift but this one was forced over the line. Ultimately the moderators are judge. We can have very strict rules if you prefer but than won't work either will it as it would be simple new fangled tick boxes.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2019, 08:46:42 pm »
Apologies. I was only addressing his contention that his commentary didn't qualify as politics. You've been more tolerant than I would be in your stead.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2019, 09:48:27 pm »
3)  I have not used this forum much but I have access to an offline archive of test equipment and consumer equipment  schematics that no longer exist except in the hands of a few of my colleagues as well as firmware build info and general knowledge from nearly 30 years in RF, Automotive, etc that I could help many people with many things.

Claims are cheap and easy; I haven't noticed you help people to any significant extent.

If you really want to help people, add the content of your achieve to any of the existing archives.

If you want to talk politics amongst (some) expert engineers, go to the usenet group sci.electronics.design.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2019, 10:51:22 pm »
FYI: Pinkman won't bother us again.
Now back to the topic.

The following users thanked this post: dr.diesel, tggzzz, blueskull, Ellis_Beatty, tooki, Nusa, Neomys Sapiens, rhodges

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2019, 11:07:34 am »
Ban me, you impotent cuck.  I will take my knowledge elsewhere.  I thought this place was interesting and not populated by "impotent fragile cuck mod". I was wrong. Go back to your safe space. Your generation doesn't deserve what the experienced among us have to offer. Move to china  ;D ;D :palm:

Posting from free vpn instead of mcdonalds wifi to prove my point.  DO IT.
This dude’s use of the word “cuck” literally says everything I need to know about him, namely being a brain dead 4chan-er with probable allegiance to the alt-right and white supremacy. I’m sooooooooo heartbroken he’s gone!  ::)  :-DD

Dave and Simon, thank you for keeping this place largely politics-free. It’s nice to have respite from everything being politicized these days..

Tooki, you are also part of the problem, this post alone is evidence of that. Instead of just letting it go and either get back on topic or not say anything, you had to come back with a personal name calling attack against a now banned member. Please don't do this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf