Electronics > KiCad

[Solved] How to remove the Not Connected "X" on a pin

(1/2) > >>

kristakis:
I've marked an unused pin on a µC as Not Connected (with Q) and it put a lovely little "X" there. Now I want to use that pin and I used the Wire tool to connect it to something but the "X" is still there and I can't find a way to remove it.

I'm sure it's simple and obvious but I haven not been able to find anything in the menus or google.

edit: Click on the arms of the X rather than the centre, or use the various selection techniques.

selcuk:
Did you click on the red X and press delete?

kristakis:
The "X" is blue. I can select the pin and the track but I can't select the "X"

Pin 12 is not connected
Pin 31 is connected as normal
Pin 32 was not connected but I now want it to be connected

(sorry about the image size, I should have zoomed out a bit)

Doctorandus_P:
Small things are sometimes a bit hard to select. To fix this, KiCad has implemented a "Long Click". (keep mouse button depressed for around 1s) This long click pops up a context menu which lists all items on that location. So then you can unambiguously select the "No connect" flag and delete it.

Another option is to drag a small box around the no connect flag from left to right. Dragging a box from left to right only selects fully enclosed objects, while dragging a selection box from right to left also includes object that cross the box boundaries.

selcuk:
The color depends on the active theme. I switched to default color theme, placed the blue X with "Q" and was able to delete it. Right click + Delete and Edit Menu + Interactive Delete Tool are also working. KiCAD version is 6.0.5-a6ca702e91~116~ubuntu20.04.1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version