Electronics > KiCad

KiCad 6 is coming! (has arrived!!)

<< < (88/90) > >>

phs:

--- Quote ---Holy Moly. Nominal Animal has a new apprentice.
--- End quote ---

Haha, that one's been building up for a few years.  If you ventured in, I hope you made it out unscathed!

I do love the posts from the Animal, though!

phs:

--- Quote ---But I do know that I would like to be able to integrate my personal component database into my KiCad design flow.  I would be happy to change out my database if that's what it took.
--- End quote ---

fourfathom:  You may want to check out InvenTree/K-nTree...

dunkemhigh:

--- Quote from: delfinom on January 20, 2022, 08:23:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: dunkemhigh on January 20, 2022, 07:13:42 pm ---
--- Quote ---The result is, all the documentation contributors have quit and we have been left with outdated docs.
--- End quote ---

What's needed to be able to write the docs? Other than a grasp of English :)

ISTM that even a current user might not be an appropriate person unless they have inside knowledge of how things are supposed to work. Documenting what you managed to find out through trial and error would be better than nothing, I guess, but the ideal would be to document what it's supposed to do. How would one go about getting involved in that?

--- End quote ---

1. Learn asciidoc/asciidoctor (it's not that bad, it's a sane alternative to markdown)
2. Know basic git and gitlab to open a merge request
3. Figure out how to get asciidoctor installed, if on Windows you need ruby + the gem
4. Install VSCode + Asciidoc Extension to get live previews

https://gitlab.com/kicad/services/kicad-doc

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but what I meant was more: where does one get the knowledge to put in the documentation?

dunkemhigh:

--- Quote ---You may want to check out InvenTree/K-nTree...
--- End quote ---

The InvenTree mention looks good - thanks for mentioning that (which hadn't crossed my radar yet and is pretty much what I am looking out for at the moment).

but Google/DuckDuck fail miserably to give any clue as to what K-nTree is. Do you have a link?

fourfathom:
Here's K-nTree: https://github.com/sparkmicro/Ki-nTree/
(I found it while skimming the InvenTree site).  I have not actually looked at either of these yet, just following up on the phs post (thanks, phs!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version