Electronics > KiCad

Kicad domain changes to kicad.org ~~Avoid links to the previous domain!~~

<< < (5/6) > >>

delfinom:

--- Quote from: golden_labels on October 28, 2021, 05:14:23 am ---I am aware of that. Two of those positions (CTO, founder) are not relevant. Third indicates he’s in charge of running the business, which is not the same as being the owner of company’s assets.

--- End quote ---

You are really going out of your way to defend him for some reason. A "President and CTO" have plenty of power in decision making of the business including it's assets. Do you seriously think a owner gets involved with every micromanagement decision? Dear lord that would be an ineffective business.

Also, I would have to do some digging of corporate records from a data broker. But I'm pretty sure he is the indirect owner and is simply playing government contracting bonus points for selection games ;) This is 100% normal in the US.

Anthocyanina:

--- Quote from: Doctorandus_P on October 27, 2021, 09:08:15 pm ---I just reported this thread:

A request for this topic to be pinned to the top of the KiCad section, and with a stronger title. https://www.kicad.org/blog/2021/10/Avoid-links-to-former-kicad-domain/

@Anthocyanina
Can you change the title into something stronger like:  Avoid-the-former-kicad-domain

--- End quote ---

Oh, i haven't visited this section in a while, updated thread name!

thinkfat:
And please mention that former domain name in the title as well.

Doctorandus_P:
I just did a search for the old domain name on this forum and there are over 100 posts with links to that *&^%$#@!.

I'm not sure if a global "search and replace" by someone with rights to do so would be a good way to "fix" this.

As an alternative I can spend an hour or 2 to send a PM to all posters with links to that *&^%$#@! name with a request to change it.

Does anyone have a better idea maybe?

PKTKS:

--- Quote from: Doctorandus_P on November 03, 2021, 05:34:15 am ---I just did a search for the old domain name on this forum and there are over 100 posts with links to that *&^%$#@!.

I'm not sure if a global "search and replace" by someone with rights to do so would be a good way to "fix" this.

As an alternative I can spend an hour or 2 to send a PM to all posters with links to that *&^%$#@! name with a request to change it.

Does anyone have a better idea maybe?

--- End quote ---

This forum is like vast majority a PHP engine over some SQL

Indeed you probably can not just "replace" unless using SQL

like any other forum there should be a similarity   .. likewise .. this one

--- Code: ---
$someFunc ['db_query']('', '

UPDATE {db_prefix}settings
SET variable = {string:URL}
WHERE variable = {string:deprecated_URL}',
array(
'deprecated_URL' => $deprecated_URL,