Author Topic: KiCAD issue - Cannot make changes to a single gate in a multi-gate component.  (Read 6099 times)

Alex

Hi all, I am making a library in KiCad. The component needs to have two gates.

I create a new component and assign two parts to it in the preferences. Part A and part B selection becomes available.
I draw up part A but when I select and make changes to Part B these changes are also applied to part A. I have made other libraries in the past, anyone heard of this issue?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:27:06 pm by Alex »

Offline djsb

• Frequent Contributor
Are you using the latest stable version or a testing version off the launchpad site (see my other post about compiling KiCAD for Windows)? If there is an issue you can check on Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad) or have a look at the Yahoo kicad-users group (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/kicad-users/). I havent tried what your doing, so I can't confirm this issue myself.

David.
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Alex

Thanks for the reply David. I was not able to find any reported bugs on that link. I downloaded it from here:
http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

I am really not the type of user that will compile his CAD package in order to use it and eliminate bugs. :)
Are you aware of a place that hosts the latest compiled version?

I will also post on the kicad yahoo group I am part of.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
Are you aware of a place that hosts the latest compiled version?

There is always this forum.  :)

I have been posting recent builds occasionally. I will compile the latest. I haven't done a new version recently, but I will put build 3825 3285 up later today, if it looks OK. (Some of the testing build have had new bugs, so I haven't been posting all of the newly compiled versions I have built).

Richard
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:00:07 pm by amspire »

Alex

Do you mean build 3285 amspire?

Thanks, at least I can rule out that there isn't a problem with the installed version.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
Do you mean build 3285 amspire?

Corrected now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline gxti

• Frequent Contributor
Double-click on the objects you don't want to share and make sure that "Add to all parts in package" (if it's a pin) and "Apply changes to all parts in component" (if it's a drawing) are unchecked. I'm on revision 3047 so this may or may not still apply to you.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
Double-click on the objects you don't want to share and make sure that "Add to all parts in package" (if it's a pin) and "Apply changes to all parts in component" (if it's a drawing) are unchecked. I'm on revision 3047 so this may or may not still apply to you.
That sounds straightforward. Thanks.

The last official build was 3044. Does 3047 fix some bugs? Looks like it added eeschema sheet resizing at least.

Richard.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf