Author Topic: eeschema: How do I rearrange pins on an IC?  (Read 4978 times)

Offline jimjamTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
eeschema: How do I rearrange pins on an IC?
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:51:22 am »
I have this diagram. How can I swap pin #2 and #5 on the 555? Also pin #3 and #7?

Also another question, when I moved a component, the wiring doesn't follow. I'd have to redraw it and delete any excess wires left over. Is this by design or am I not doing it right?

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: eeschema: How do I rearrange pins on an IC?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 08:01:08 am »
Also another question, when I moved a component, the wiring doesn't follow. I'd have to redraw it and delete any excess wires left over. Is this by design or am I not doing it right?
this is the one thing among other things that i dont understand in eda, even altium do this. diptrace dont do this archaic behaviour.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:42:10 am »
you can try and get the cursor just right to move/edit only the pin which sometimes works, i generally just open in the editor and flip them there,

this may not be the only solution as i have only used it on a few projects so far but it has worked for me so far

as for having to redraw the wiring, yes that does seem to be the default function when you flip pins,

Offline jimjamTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »
ok about moving components and having the wires follow, apparently you press "g" for drag - and then move the component. Someone else pointed it out in the easyeda thread

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf