Author Topic: My +12V net is now called "SRN"  (Read 358 times)

Offline ppTRNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
My +12V net is now called "SRN"
« on: April 09, 2024, 06:51:38 pm »
Hi everyone.

Just as the title says. I cannot explain how or why or what "SRN" means. The net was tied to +12V symbol in the schematic. Any idea what append? Also, if I try to create say a power planed tied to 12V, I will always find it as SNR.

Offline golden_labels

• Super Contributor
Re: My +12V net is now called "SRN"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 08:21:14 pm »
Did you edit the schematic after creating the PCB layout? Because I can see some other net names also being wrong: Pins 6 and 7 of U9 are connected to “Net-(R5-Pad2)”, but in the schematic it’s R6. Pad 1 of the resistor goes to “Net-(Q1-G)”, despite it goes to Q2.

If you changed/renamed things, did you select “Update PCB from schematic” in PCB editor? Was there no errors/warnings?
People imagine AI as T1000. What we got so far is glorified T9.

Offline ppTRNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 10:32:05 am »
I am constantly changing stuff in the schematic while working on the PCB layout and always updating the PCB for concistency.
When I update the PCB there are no errors regarding this issue

Online xvr

• Regular Contributor
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 11:48:16 am »
You have a short of SRN trace with this one somewhere in PCB. KiCAD trying to avoid such shorts, but sometimes he can't help it (for example - when you change schematic and some refdes or pins changed they nets, when you update PCB, and get what you got)
KiCAD do not complain about shorts (as they created), but it will complain in DRC run (if you will check 'test for parity between PCB and schematic')

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf