Author Topic: Switching to KiCad, some questions  (Read 2176 times)

Offline CurbyTopic starter

• Contributor
Switching to KiCad, some questions
« on: May 01, 2019, 12:37:55 pm »
Hi,

I'm using the current version of KiCad. Is there a way or a script to create independent libraries and footprints of the current project in the project directory? At the moment i do it by hand, copying every footprint, create an own librarys and redo the assignement.

Is it possibile, to change the size of all references at one time to a different font size? Is there a possibility to create own layer and put them in the plot?

Thanks a lot!

Offline bson

• Supporter
Re: Switching to KiCad, some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 06:08:52 pm »
In pcbnew there's a menu option to Edit -> Edit Text & Graphic Properties... this will do it.  Select what you want to change and enter new dimensions.  If the current dimensions vary it box will say <...>; just enter a new value.

Online MitjaN

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:41:48 am »
Hi,

I'm using the current version of KiCad. Is there a way or a script to create independent libraries and footprints of the current project in the project directory? At the moment i do it by hand, copying every footprint, create an own librarys and redo the assignement.

Take a look at https://github.com/MitjaNemec/Kicad_action_plugins#archive-project

Offline mkschreder

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 12:10:02 pm »
Use kicad library utils. Its a set of pythons scripts that can load kicad files and manipulate them. They are completely independent from kicad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf