Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

$4K Chinese Pick'n'Place machine

(1/4) > >>

EEVblog:
The speed is very impressive!
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19322348120

Dave.

mikeselectricstuff:
2 heads seem a bit overkill but obviously they were going for high speed, however on a small unit I'd have thought things like feeder flexibility would be more important.

Hard to tell for sure but looks like the number of 12 & 16mm feeders lanes is limited and fixed - if so that could be a big deal.

Also not clear if it has vision or not - if not there are some parts that won't be very  useable - the vid showing a qfp seems to pick it from a tapered bin not the original tape

There are some apparently cheaper options shown but not clear what the differences are  - I'd assume there's a single-head version. Also seems like they are selling heads seperately.

From one of the vids on their site it looks like it's standalone with internal PC (winCE?) 

However it's by far the most plausible  cheap P&P I've seen to date.

Just hope the software doesn't suck as much ass as the avarage Chinese product, and someone translates it. Could be a good business opportunity for someone to handle it for the English market.

48X24X48X:
Watched one of the videos (loading is super slow) on how to use the LCD interface. Although it is in Chinese, it seems to be intuitive (I don't read Chinese!). They didn't mention anything on using tray (probably loaded at the back?). But, this is awesome for small assembly and will definitely make lifer easier!

StubbornGreek:
I'm having a hard time understanding how they can price it this cheap, yes even for China. For the money, I can't even bring myself to criticize it..its just (potentially) awesomesauce with sprinkles of wonderful.

These will either crash and burn quickly enough or they'll become quite popular, IMHO.

Nice find, Dave.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on December 18, 2012, 01:18:14 am ---However it's by far the most plausible  cheap P&P I've seen to date.

--- End quote ---

I agree.
As I've said before, if you have your own machine with X capability, then those limitations simply become part of your design considerations.

Dave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version