Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

2nd hand Autotronik / Manncorp feeders

(1/4) > >>

jayx:
I'm looking for 2nd hand Autotronik / Manncorp feeders for 8mm tape. I've checked a few websites which sell used P&P machines, but haven't found any. Maybe someone on this forum have any for sale?

forrestc:
Good luck.

If you ever find a source, please post back here (but only after you've got all you want, since I'll probably take a chunk of the remaining feeders).

The limited availabilty of used/lower cost feeders is probably my only gripe with these machines (I have a 10+ year old MC384 that I bought new).   Oh, and the fact that certain larger parts don't work with their feeder design.

MR:
Does anyone have a defect feeder and could send it to me? I'm machining customized feeders here, maybe we can make an adapter.

deanclaxton:

--- Quote from: forrestc on November 29, 2022, 09:14:55 pm ---The limited availabilty of used/lower cost feeders is probably my only gripe with these machines (I have a 10+ year old MC384 that I bought new).   Oh, and the fact that certain larger parts don't work with their feeder design.

--- End quote ---

Interesting - what parts do you have issues with? I'm looking at an Autotronik that is for sale atm - BA-385V2-V.  How do you find the machine in general? does the fly-by vision work well?

jayx:
Yeah, these are quite good machines and I have a similar 10+ year old BS384 which can even place (imp) 0201. Could be a bit more acurate with them, but they are so small that vision on the fly camera can't see them very well or perhaps I need a better library picture :).

Components taller than ~15mm may be problematic. They sit quite low on the nozzle so may crash with the other tall ones on the PCB / tray, also the tape is bent quite sharp in the feeder so if you have deep pockets it will get jammed.

As for the limited used feeder availability, I guess it's because it's not a machine which large CEM would use (too slow), so it's not that much of them overall hence not much used feeders either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version