Author Topic: 4 layer board parts and population qty 10 suggestions in 2021  (Read 1302 times)

Offline JesterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
4 layer board parts and population qty 10 suggestions in 2021
« on: August 03, 2021, 03:10:31 pm »
I need to make a small batch of populated fairly simple 4 layers boards 8 mil tracks 7 mil spacing, no BGA's. I'm located in Canada however have used All, Bittle, Itead (China) etc in the past with good quality results.

Any suggestions for other reliable vendors that I should send the RFQ to?

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:55:05 pm by Jester »

Offline phil from seattle

• Super Contributor
Re: 4 layer board parts and population qty 10 suggestions in 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 05:47:59 pm »
I have a 4L board made by JLCPCB 100x100mm.  Happy with the quality.  5 pieces were $8. $21.30 USD total including DHL to USA.  I think 10 boards is $14.

The following users thanked this post: free_electron, Jester

Offline asmi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 03:17:12 pm »
If you don't mind paying a bit more than JLCPCB for higher quality, I can recommend wellpcb.com I use them quite a lot  and so far is very happy with them.

The following users thanked this post: Jester

Offline montemcguire

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 11:42:09 pm »
I just had several sets of 4 layer boards done by PCBway and I'm very happy with the results. Their web site keeps you updated with the production progress, and the cost/quality was very nice. I paid a little extra to have 0.25 mm holes but was using the normal 7/7 mil space and trace and they meet their specs reliably. This process is good enough to do 0.5mm pitch components with solder mask between the pads if you get your footprints in order and use the green solder mask.

Overall, I'm very happy with their work and continue to use them for everything. You can pay for tighter tolerances and smaller holes if you need it, but you don't have to if you don't need it. The online quote system shows you directly what each option costs, so it's easy to see what is "free" and what costs a lot. Once you get your footprints and design rules tuned to their process, it's a very reliable way to get high quality low cost PCBs relatively quickly.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 12:13:35 am »
that's a bog standard board, nothing special : JLCPCB. if done much tighter than that with them without any issues. They're hard to beat on price ...
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline DIYGUY Chris

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 10:09:00 pm »
I recommend a PCB manufacturer that provides not only good quality output, but also friendly support team and clear and easy ordering process.
Through the years I've been trying several electronics suppliers and the most important condition to select the appropriate supplier is the availability of the technical assistance.
The good and cheap PCB quality could be offered by so many these days especially after getting China involved in this industry, they break up all the records :)
I can see that many persons trust OSH Park for their Purple PCBs, and their good quality. A US supplier that has an expensive price comparing to Chinese suppliers that is a fact!
I tried also the JLCPCB service, a Chinese manufacturer (the best in all Asia) Lower price with the same quality, friendly customer service that you can find them basically in all platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and even here in this Forum :)

Keep in mind that your selection is up to you and it depends on your needs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf