Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

ALLPCB & JLCPCB

<< < (12/15) > >>

c64:

--- Quote from: retiredfeline on October 01, 2021, 01:49:38 am ---The boards are fine. The free shipping to here at least makes more difference though. However if you want free you have to take the options that go with it: 5 max, and intriguingly, HASL lead-free, which suggests that they are using the margins of panels of larger industrial jobs for freebies. Not to be outdone, JLCPCB has a lower cost shipping option now.

--- End quote ---
What is the total cost for 5 pcb with free shipping?

johnboxall:

--- Quote from: c64 on December 07, 2021, 01:56:11 am ---
--- Quote from: retiredfeline on October 01, 2021, 01:49:38 am ---The boards are fine. The free shipping to here at least makes more difference though. However if you want free you have to take the options that go with it: 5 max, and intriguingly, HASL lead-free, which suggests that they are using the margins of panels of larger industrial jobs for freebies. Not to be outdone, JLCPCB has a lower cost shipping option now.

--- End quote ---
What is the total cost for 5 pcb with free shipping?

--- End quote ---
Up to 100 x 100mm, green, 2 layer, etc., usual settings US$5.90 to Australia. Takes about two calendar weeks to arrive, last mile is usually by Aramex. You can upload your own gerbers and get a quote before putting in any payment information.

peter-h:
"I suspect miscommunication.  Their ordering page allows ordering of panels in qty of 10's of thousands.
While they can do simple panels, if you have specific routing or tabs requirements then you should arrange the panelisation yourself, and submit panel gerbers."

Sure one can order any quantity but JLC have specifically stated that they will not read any English (or perhaps any text) on the layers, which to me says that one cannot send them any dimensioned drawings.

They are fine for prototyping and I have just ordered another 10 boards, with 4/4 rules, and they are great value at about $3 each, plus stencils and very cheap Fedex shipping. But somebody else gets the volume. And there are plenty of chinese firms who want that business.

Mangozac:
I don't understand people suggesting JLC is not suitable for volume orders. The only way they can provide the prototype boards so cheaply is the sheer volume of production panels they do!

We regularly order batches in the thousands from them and I personally know several other companies that do as well. Even with complex panel routing (which doesn't require text annotation except for v-groove indications) there are no issues. If I do something really out of the ordinary they have contacted me to confirm my intention.

We've only once had an issue with JLC boards and in that case it was fortunately only a prototype panel where the through hole plate had somehow been separated from the pad on a specific set of holes.

48X24X48X:
We used JLCPCB for both prototype and volume in the thousand. But we do have other higher end supplier that has admitted that it's best to use JLCPCB for prototype as they can't compete on their prices. Other suppliers can also be cheap but if you place larger order and repeat order. This will removed the setup fee and test jig (if not using flying probe). That leaves your cost per board to a ridiculous few cents depending on your layer and specifications.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version