Author Topic: implementing new manufacturing capabilities and processes  (Read 1556 times)

Offline mongobitTopic starter

• Contributor
implementing new manufacturing capabilities and processes
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:38:57 am »
As I have previously posted I am working to expand my companies electronics test, troubleshoot, and repair capability. I have roughly 10 years of experience working as a board and systems level test and troubleshoot technician. This has all been with me stepping into processes, policies, and procedures built and implemented by others. I have the knowledge and skills to work with, test, troubleshoot, repair and or rebuild boards and systems but I am having a hard time translating that school of hard knocks, clouds of magic smoke, burned fingertips and digging in and fixing faults that had the engineers scratching their heads acquired knowledge into polished policy documents I can feed to the paperwork gods to make things happen.  To be clear electronics manufacturing is not the companies primary focus but it is working its way in. It is also done within other divisions of this company but they are at full capacity and are loathe to take on more work/responsibility to support our site thus my eagerness to get our own facilities up and running.  Those other divisions do have some policies that I have partially looked over and could adapt and implement at our site but i do not have full access to those files and am having to reinvent the wheel in some instances.

What I am looking for are books and reference docs that i can use to start building the framework so I can paint a picture for my boss for what I want us to be able to do at our site(implementing IPC standards, complying with our ISO9100 requirements, explaining the effects of ESD to coworkers so they start treating the boards properly and have documentation to back me up when i get told I'm full of it. ) and how that meshes with his goals.

Boss is technical (he has his BS in EE) but has spent his career working at the systems level and rarely ever gets down to the component level Plus for the last 10 years he has been management with all of its technical prowess destroying drudgery.. The last time we troubleshot a board together it was ugly (I'm talking me repeatedly explaining the difference between the schematic symbol for an opto-isolator and an OP-AMP ugly). 

oh great Learned denizens of the EEVblog Forum i beseech thee. help point me in the right direction!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf