Author Topic: Are mechanical tape feeders interchangleble?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline RundstedtTopic starter

• Contributor
Are mechanical tape feeders interchangleble?
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:38:00 am »
Well my company recently bought small used smt line (to be more accurate just Screen printer, p&p and reflow oven). 
Our current machine park: MPM AP Excel Screen printer, Juki Ke-2020L, Speedline Electrovert Omniflex 7 reflow oven. And even thou I didn't even turn it on my manager found on auction service  some old Panasonic line, and I've been asked whether mechanical feeders can be used in our ke-2020L. And truth to be told I don't know even where to look for such information.

So can anyone help me, or even point a direction where to find such information?

And bonus round question, I've been offered 2 self tensioning frame for my screen printer LTC Quattro-flex II and Cookson Electronics Alpha tetra with the first one 300eur more expensive. Can anyone advise me which one is better?

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Are mechanical tape feeders interchangleble?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:26 am »
I'm pretty sure that there is no standard, they are all custom and proprietary, that's how they lock you in and suck more money out of you.

Offline RundstedtTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:54:38 pm »
Unfortunately I was expecting that. At least we could use those conveyors. Nonetheless thank for confirmation.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:41 pm »
Feeders are usually specific to the machine manufacturer, but tend to stay the same between machines by that manufacturer. I think there are a few 'equivalents' where comapnies have been taken over so machines that appear to be from different manufacturers are actually just different vintages of the same line.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf