Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Assembly?

<< < (3/3)

Lurch:

--- Quote from: 8086 on January 12, 2014, 02:55:18 pm ---I should point out that I'm not merely paranoid about having my address online; I have real concerns with some real people which makes privacy an issue, and just like customers can vet me, I like to (to some extent) vet my customers. For example if someone is unable to fill the quote form with realistic information, I probably won't give them my address. Works out better all round, I think. It's not just a one-way street.

[...]

Maybe I'll look into getting a PO box address, but then wouldn't that look even more dodgy than no address at all? After all, you can't use a PO box for legally serving documents etc. So what security would it offer? None. So the only option is to publish my business address, which is also my home address, which isn't going to happen.

--- End quote ---

Regardless of that, the website is still vague with absolutely no information whatsoever. Obviously you can do whatever you like and this isn't necessarily all about you as loads of people do this, but I wouldn't bother even filling the form in as there is absolutely no company details, not even a phone number or email address. A lot of people will leave without even bothering to fill in the form and go somewhere else. As you say, you have customers, you are happy with the amount you have so great, leave it like that. The previous comments are a generalisation and not targeted just at you.

8086:

--- Quote from: Lurch on January 12, 2014, 03:52:18 pm ---Regardless of that, the website is still vague with absolutely no information whatsoever. Obviously you can do whatever you like and this isn't necessarily all about you as loads of people do this, but I wouldn't bother even filling the form in as there is absolutely no company details, not even a phone number or email address. A lot of people will leave without even bothering to fill in the form and go somewhere else. As you say, you have customers, you are happy with the amount you have so great, leave it like that. The previous comments are a generalisation and not targeted just at you.

--- End quote ---

Righto. Believe me, I would love to be able to publish my address. But I totally understand your cautious approach to online businesses.

--- Quote from: peter.mitchell on January 12, 2014, 03:32:29 pm ---I think the information you provide on the website is sufficient, especially as it is only to make first contact.
However, as a phone number in the UK requires ID to acquire, I would suggest putting a phone, fax (even if they are the same, and outdated) and an email address (even if it is just a forwarder or something), i and a lot of people don't like using the contact us forms as it seems like your message just disappeared into the abyss, at least with real e-mail you get a "couldn't be delivered" message generally.

--- End quote ---

Believe it or not, getting a phone number here doesn't require ID - you can register for skype, and get a skype number that looks identical to a geographical number (with whatever area code you desire) without any ID.

I will certainly put my email address on there, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I hadn't even considered it with the other ways to get in touch I have being on there already.

Anyway, sorry OP! Your thread, not mine.

ARGLaser:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on January 12, 2014, 08:29:36 am ---Use one that is close to you.
But you haven't specified your country or city, so that doesn't help.

--- End quote ---

Don't know why my country didn't show up.  Could have sworn it was in there when I registered.

The closest place would be across the border in the USA, I don't think there is anything in my province. (BC) If I'm going to do this out of country and pay duties I may as well do it in China where it's cheap :p

TommyGunn:
I'm actually located in Alberta and have a pick and place line. We mostly do prototype and small production runs.

I also sent you a PM

Alphatronique:
HI

was bit far away (Quebec) at least if you what to try the Quote tool 

http://www.alphatronique.com/instant-quote/

not the lower cost ,but i assume it
we do quality job and we find solution were other may fail .. ..

and yep my english was broke but you knot in Quebec  :palm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version