Author Topic: Buying a PnP that needs to be fixed?  (Read 635 times)

Offline mendezTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Buying a PnP that needs to be fixed?
« on: February 22, 2020, 08:00:05 pm »
Hey Guys,

I have an opportunity to buy a Manncorp MC386  PnP for a reasonable price. Reasonable price means that I can probably brake even if I sell the feeders and parts of the machine individually.
The Pnp is belt driven and the machine was working fine until the X-Y Homing failed. Basically it looks like a driver/servo problem. I was told that Manncorp are easy to work because most of their components can be found online by other vendors.

I like the idea that the machine runs in 110V; has vision, and seems to be a good entry level machine for production. I built my own pnp last year and it works well but its slow and I have to babysit her a lot!

My question is; how hard to fix a servo/driver on a Manncorp pnp ? Anyone?

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Buying a PnP that needs to be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 10:28:51 pm »
Well it depends how lucky you are at fixing stuff!
When I want something, I often look for things that don't work in the hopes that I can fix them. So far this has worked really well!

I bought an old Juki that had a problem. By the time it had shipped 2000klm it had more problems! So that became a bit like unscrambling an egg!
I first fixed the obvious problems(leaked bios battery on mother board), including the original problem(bad/cracked solder on fet attached to power supply case, for main computer), but was still left with a communications fault between the user interface computer and the main machine CPU. I think it may have just been a board that had come out of it's socket a little while in transit. After  I removed the main CPU board and checked out the comms area and soldered a few wires in place to check with a scope, it just worked, which I was very happy about!

Had I not been able to sort it out, I would have been left with a very expensive to remove boat anchor!!!

For the xy homing failed of the mancorp, homing sensors? Supply voltage lost to sensors?
Do the x y axis still move?

Offline mendezTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Buying a PnP that needs to be fixed?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 10:37:41 pm »
The owner told me that there is a "test" software in the machine and he is able to send step/dir to X-Y and it moves but sometimes will fail in either axis. I wonder if is worth swaping the old servos, power supply and drivers and installing the a newer integrated servo/driver on it would work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf