Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Deciding on generic parts

(1/5) > >>

cadr:
Hello,

I'm trying to design my first PCB.  I'm using EasyEDA and want to get it made/assembled by JLCPCB.

The thing I'm getting a bit held up on is choosing the passive components.  There are *so* many choices for resistors and capacitors, and I don't really care all that much on the specifics for this specific design.  Do you have a recommended way you go about narrowing down the field? 

(As an aside, the it is cool that the tool integrates the parts available, but am having trouble just doing "show me 10k resistors that are your basic/not extended parts".  Have so far been going to their website, finding a part, then searching for that back in the tool.)

Thanks!
-Ben

Jackster:
*sorts by price ascending*

cadr:

--- Quote from: Jackster on May 24, 2021, 02:03:48 am ---*sorts by price ascending*

--- End quote ---

Yeah, if they gave me a way to do that, that would be my first go to.  :)

phil from seattle:

--- Quote from: cadr on May 24, 2021, 03:09:00 am ---
--- Quote from: Jackster on May 24, 2021, 02:03:48 am ---*sorts by price ascending*

--- End quote ---

Yeah, if they gave me a way to do that, that would be my first go to.  :)

--- End quote ---

The JLCPCB (and LCSC) interface sucks beyond belief.  But you are in luck - the jlcpcb component catalog works great.  It's a little quirky but once you figure it out, you will wonder how you managed witout it.  Send the guy a couple of bucks as thanks.

Anyway, look first for basic parts. That will narrow it down a lot.  Then know what voltages and power you are dealing with. (how much current and voltage through your resistor, pick a package that can handle it, for example). Then pick the cheapest fit.

Rat_Patrol:
Keep in mind the value precision range and any failure/temp ratings for components.

I assemble my own boards, and they are high reliability boards, so I use automotive grade 1% resistors/components. They cost about 1.2 cents each buying by the full reel. So if I went with cheap resistors, the cheapest comparable I found on Mouser just now is .2 cents per each, by the reel.

Based on 200 resistors per board, I'm paying an extra $2 to use the high quality 1% automotive rated resistors vs 5% un-rated resistors.

Same kind of deal with ceramic caps and all other components.

It completely depends on your end usage and to what price point you are aiming at for if this makes a difference or not, but is something to keep in mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version