Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Duties

(1/2) > >>

jrs45:
Let's say I'm in a USA company, and we purchase parts manufactured by an American company (ADI) from a Chinese reseller since we can't get them elsewhere.

Do we have to pay the 25% tariff, or can we argue that China is not the origination?

(Maybe wishful thinking here)

mon2:
1) What sort of volumes are we talking about here ? If small, does it even matter?

2) The vendor is in China so are these not all 'wedding gifts' ?  ;D

3) Communicate with your offshore supplier for the invoice details. Be warned that there are many fakes out there. Be 110% sure that they are true parts. We waited 9 months for our stock to finally be available (was about 1 month early) for ADI transceivers. The order was placed directly with their portal at the best pricing. As much as we love Arrow, the pricing was just better on the ADI web portal.

Now curious - what is the part you are after and qty ? (if we wish to disclose)

jrs45:

--- Quote from: mon2 on November 22, 2021, 09:48:34 pm ---1) What sort of volumes are we talking about here ? If small, does it even matter?
--- End quote ---

Order was ~$5k so it's worth the effort to save $1k.

--- Quote ---2) The vendor is in China so are these not all 'wedding gifts' ?  ;D

3) Communicate with your offshore supplier for the invoice details. Be warned that there are many fakes out there. Be 110% sure that they are true parts. We waited 9 months for our stock to finally be available (was about 1 month early) for ADI transceivers. The order was placed directly with their portal at the best pricing. As much as we love Arrow, the pricing was just better on the ADI web portal.

--- End quote ---

This is from LCSC, which seems pretty legit from my experience and others who have used them.  I have the opportunity to dispute the duties with DHL, but I don't want to bother unless I have some likelihood of prevailing.

I used to buy ADI parts from their portal, but the parts that I need have a >90 week leadtime!  (Can you imagine, two years lag?!)

--- Quote ---Now curious - what is the part you are after and qty ? (if we wish to disclose)

--- End quote ---

This was ADAU1701, I did receive them and they look legit.  I think we got 1000 this time.

mon2:
LCSC.com is legit. They do not play games with invoicing but others will / have (even without asking).

If the full p/n is ADAU1701JSTZ, they have a good price @ LCSC.com but Digikey is also showing stock at this time of posting.

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/analog-devices-inc./ADAU1701JSTZ/1246074?utm_source=505&utm_medium=supplier&utm_campaign=buynow

jrs45:
Thanks.  I purchased these already, and just got the duty bill.  That's why I'm asking about whether I have any chance at disputing it.

I do remember win-source pulling some billing nonsense trying to upcharge because the parts (yet again) weren't "stored correctly".  Bait and switch completely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version