Author Topic: Elecrow: big thumbs up for client service  (Read 8009 times)

Offline poorchavaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
Elecrow: big thumbs up for client service
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:09:36 am »
So far I have been using mostly iTead for low qty pcb orders. Recently I decided to give Elecrow a try because of (don't laugh at me) free coloured soldermask.

And I have to tell you that I'm positively shocked.
They have responded to my technical question pretty quickly, with very good english.
I have placed the order somewhere around 1-2 AM CET and when I woke up at around 7.30 AM I already got a message that my order was checked and posted to the factory.
And the best part, today (which is in fact 5.5 days since I have placed the order) I hace received a mail with a photo (!) of my pcbs neatly vacuum packed in bubble wrap and lying on the invoice with order details :D

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxj5SPaz-DE3UDJQY0RDS1ZwTUE/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxj5SPaz-DE3X1lHcHI4SnFMWFk/edit?usp=sharing

Never saw low-cost pcb providers do that. Good practice!
I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Offline janekm

• Supporter
Re: Elecrow: big thumbs up for client service
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 11:31:46 am »
Maybe it's just a fluke of the lighting, but the surface treatment looks like ENIG rather than HASL... In which case you got a double-bargain!

It's not so strange though that they would have dealt with your order during the night (CET) since that's regular working hours in China ;)

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:46:44 am »
So far I have been using mostly iTead for low qty pcb orders. Recently I decided to give Elecrow a try because of (don't laugh at me) free coloured soldermask.

I recently tried Elecrow a try for the exact same reason, so you're not alone :)

Going against common advice, I had a board done with black soldermask.  It's pretty sharp but I think I'm partial to green.  The board was well made and of good quality.

I was notified my board was "shipped" on 1 April, but a Hong Kong post tracking number wasn't provided until 6 April.  I received the board on 12 April.

Offline poorchavaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:48:16 am »
I also have an impression that it looks like ENIG. I won't complain if that's the case. I will let you know when pcb's arrive.

t's not so strange though that they would have dealt with your order during the night (CET) since that's regular working hours in China
My point was that it usually takes 2-3 days for iTead guys to do the same.
I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Offline jridley

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 02:28:11 am »
Thanks for this thread. I am trying Elecrow for the first time.  I hope it works out well - the order came in $150 less than PCBCart for 200 copies of my two boards. I'm doing this for charity (a "how to solder" room at a convention) so I appreciate saving the $$ out of my pocket.

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 03:48:28 am »
I've had about 6 runs of boards made by Elecrow now; the last order included 5 different boards.  Excellent results and fast shipping via DHL.  For a large order, DHL doesn't cost that much more.

I think I had this order within two weeks of the date I ordered.

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16:55 am »
Another neat thing, they try to hide their production tracking numbers under big IC packages, very nice of them to do that.
I have already made 6 or 7 different boards with them.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 07:56:36 pm »
production tracking numbers under big IC packages

Is that a good idea? I always try to avoid silkscreen under SMD chips on the grounds that the ink adds thickness that might lift the chip off the pads.

Er... and I think I am missing something about these production numbers - what's the big objection to them?

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 08:36:49 pm »
OP, you can leave a review here  http://pcbshopper.com/elecrow-reviews/

Looking at their PCB services and prices they look very good http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/  I will give it a try, will be nice to have a non purple PCB for a change ;-)

Offline jrsikken

• Never stop learning
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 05:29:21 pm »
I had recently 2 boards assembled at Elecrow. 0.2mm pads 0.4mm pich and some 0201 components. Communication, turn around time and quality was good. I can recommend Elecrow for assembly!

Offline iampoor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 06:47:05 pm »
I had recently 2 boards assembled at Elecrow. 0.2mm pads 0.4mm pich and some 0201 components. Communication, turn around time and quality was good. I can recommend Elecrow for assembly!

Could you share some pics? Im very interested in using them for assembly

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:28 pm »
production tracking numbers under big IC packages

Is that a good idea? I always try to avoid silkscreen under SMD chips on the grounds that the ink adds thickness that might lift the chip off the pads.

Er... and I think I am missing something about these production numbers - what's the big objection to them?
There is order(s) of magnitude more than enough gap under the SMD ICs. If there is no gap, like QFN, there is no space to put it anyway. Many people do not like them, for example, if customer can see them. Like if PCB is sold in the kit or device has transparent enclosure.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 08:22:40 pm »

What did you provide them? parts? Test procedure? Anything else?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf