Author Topic: Feeder setup for chinese PNP machines  (Read 921 times)

Offline pisoiuTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Feeder setup for chinese PNP machines
« on: November 17, 2022, 07:44:15 am »
Hi all,
I need to buy a small machine for prototypes and small batches. Currently I am looking at SMT330-LX from YX, it is pretty similar with zhengbang ZB3245. While it has almost everything I need, there is one issue which I don't understand it very well. OpenPNP, which I use on another machine, lets me define any number and any type of feeders, as long as I have room on the table for them. On the other hand, chinese pnp software have some limits, but without having the machine and software, I can only guess from chinese documentation. I never seen or used chinese pnp sw. So far I think it accepts maximum 3 IC trays, from what seller tells me. I have a lot of cut tapes I need to use, at least 10-20 (some big ones - 56mm), and I need to place them around the board in 3d printed supports. Can anyone tell me if I can define that number of cut tapes (or ic trays as 1 row and n columns) to be used for picking? Thanks.

Offline MR

• Regular Contributor
Re: Feeder setup for chinese PNP machines
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 04:28:12 am »
Did you give up on your DIY PNP machine?

looks like this machine is using a drag mechanism by using a small stub on the pick and place head, it enters the hole of the tape and just drags it forward.
You won't be able to interface alternative feeder with this setup and the feeder setup will take quite some time for it.
The plastic tape will be peeled off with the plastic roller which very likely can adjust the peeling force with a setscrew (my opinion ... it works but has to be re-adjusted from time to time).
I think you have some machining experience so you should be able to make your own slot plate for the tapes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 05:22:25 am by MR »

Offline pisoiuTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 08:21:22 am »
No, did not gave up. My machine is almost functional for production, I just have to figure out a nasty 0.2mm constant deviation on Y which still eludes me. Some calibration issues somewhere. That machine is in another place and I thought for really small jobs I need something more accessible like a desktop one.
But now I have some second thoughts with chinese machines, seeing how inflexible is the software. And quite far from what I need regarding the use of cut tapes.

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 10:26:15 am »
If you are willing to spend a little bit more, ZhengBang has the one with CL feeder albeit 38 slots only. It does have a work place for you to litter your cut tapes and what not. There's a series of their software tutorial on YT. I find that their software is very intuitive. That was the unit that I went after before I settled for the bigger HW-T4-50F from HWGC.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf