Author Topic: Fellow LPKF equipment users?  (Read 22717 times)

Offline mk_

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fellow LPKF equipment users?
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2024, 07:37:21 am »

Any ideas how to solve this? I guess question is how to convert Gerber files into LMD/LPR/HPGL format, even with CircuitCAM and Board Master process was automated between.

Sorry for the delay - did you solve your problem?

Offline rsaxvc

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2024, 04:25:52 am »
Hi! I'm a Protomat S42 owner, hopefully soon to be operator.

@rodsolder, my machine came second-hand with a few boxes from Think & Tinker's bits, available from Colorado, USA, at https://www.precisebits.com/ . I haven't gotten my machine up so can't vouch for them, but they are cheaper than LPKF bits.

Offline rsaxvc

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2024, 01:16:16 am »
I've noticed the local harbor freight tools carries 20-pack of what appear to be compatible 38mm carbide drill bits, up to 1.1mm diameter, $7. No testing yet.

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2024, 01:59:12 am »
Hi! I'm a Protomat S42 owner, hopefully soon to be operator.

@rodsolder, my machine came second-hand with a few boxes from Think & Tinker's bits, available from Colorado, USA, at https://www.precisebits.com/ . I haven't gotten my machine up so can't vouch for them, but they are cheaper than LPKF bits.

I have been using these bits for the last 10 years in my protomat c60. They are great. Highly recommended.

The c60 doesn't use the depth collars so the bits have to be the correct length. Some of the low cost bits I have bought from eBay have been the wrong length.

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf