Author Topic: Fellow LPKF equipment users?  (Read 21519 times)

Offline mk_

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fellow LPKF equipment users?
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 11:31:45 am »
looks like you have some ESD-Problems when the suction(?) is running. I solved this with a blank wire in the hose, one end connected with the LPKF. So the FR4-cuttings can not build up a lot of charge anymore.

This sounds interesting. It worth a try, thanks! And it has solved mysterious things?

yes. Since then I had never machine based problems again.

The following users thanked this post: balage

Offline djsb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 03:38:27 pm »
Has anyone used the solder paste dispenser on the S103? If so, how do you prepare the data in Kicad? Thanks.
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Offline purfield

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2020, 05:02:19 am »
I've added a few LPKF items to my home lab: ProtoPrint S RP, ProtoFlow S, and UV Lamp Table.  I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about them.

Offline hofer

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 06:04:55 am »
Hi all friend
I have an LPKF S62. I can't contact the dealer. Please send me a new version of boardmaster, 5.1 or other software

My email hofer1970@163.com

thank you

hofer

Offline akee

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2021, 08:28:58 pm »
Hello,

looks I learned hard way there might be different hw before & after 0Z1847N323 serial. Would anyone happen to have old firmware (ideally v1.1) hex files for original uncoated silver middle with blue sides LPKF protoflow oven, please?

thanks,
a.

Offline PCBprototyping

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 10:19:46 pm »
Hi, send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the firmware.

Offline PCBprototyping

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 10:35:37 pm »
Has anyone used the solder paste dispenser on the S103? If so, how do you prepare the data in Kicad? Thanks.

You need to export the stencil file(gerber) in Kicad, import it in CircuitPro for your current project and go through dispensing wizzard. It will use the stencil aperture data to know, where to place the dots.
Setting the right height is extremely important, use the sheet of paper trick to be 100um above the board, otherwise you might hit the PCB with plastic tip and clog it. Metal conical precision tip(micron s) is best and most precise.

Offline PCBprototyping

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 10:42:16 pm »
Hi all,

Since you are more familiar with lpkf s63 than me, i need your help about an error that i'm getting past days. when i tried to connect my PC to machine, 'Remove dispenser' error pops out on my screen even though i do not use dispenser at that moment. I don't know how to fix it?

Some conductive milling dust landed on illumination PCB, where connector for dispenser is, so machine thinks the dispenser is mounted during milling. Clean the illumination PCB and protect it somehow, so you don't get the dispenser problem anymore.

Offline Jelbert

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2021, 09:29:45 pm »
Hi,

I have a S103 with vacuum table.
The backing plate for the vacuum table is quite expensive. Did anyone find a less expensive solution to these backing plates? a pack of 4 costs here €208...

Thanks,
Jelbert

Online IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2021, 04:31:08 am »
How does the vacuum table on LPKF work?

Is it a porous surface which allows the PCB to be held in place?
If this is all it is then talk to your industrial plastics supplier, they can supply you with gas expanded poluethylene or some such similar plstic sgeet.
his material is porous and quite inexpensive.
You may have to look into masking un used areas to prevent vacuum loss but it should o the trick.
I use 1/8" tooling pins to hold the pcb in place and to flip it over and NOT loose back to front registration.

Offline Jelbert

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2021, 12:05:15 pm »
Yes the vacuum table works with a porous plastic plate. It sucks anything on the surface tight.
The camera detects the fiducals to keep front and back registration.
I worked with a 93S for over 20 years with those pins. Now with the vacuum table it is such a relief. It will also allow me to do depaneling of small irregular shaped pcb's.
The material they use is something like CE100White from Portec.
The lpkf backing plates are out of stock at the local supplier and will arrive in 2/2022.

Yes I will use something else porous like foamed pvc and maybe drill holes in it or return to using the pins.     

Offline wincyj

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 10:25:03 am »
It seems to me that this type of mat can be used in vacuum tables, it is quite cheap:

https://cnc-plus.de/en/Workholding/Vacuum-Accessories/600x1000mm---3mm-Mill-Through-Mat--Sintered-Rubber-Mat-.html

Offline Kevin Liu

• Contributor
    • LPKF ProtoMat User Club
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2022, 09:10:47 am »
Hi all,

I created a Facebook group for LPKF ProtoMat unofficial 3rd party application.
Anyone interested in just join https://www.facebook.com/groups/lpkfuserclub

Thanks.

Offline MechaBL

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2022, 08:46:18 pm »
Fairly new to the LPKF and I have two issues:

1) I am getting a Zero Air Generator Saturated warning message and cannot find literature anywhere to figure out how to service/replace this filter.

2) Using 1.5mm single sided 35um copper material, the LASER is failing to properly perform operations - the LASER seems under powered and not intense enough to fully remove the copper.

Any help for the above is MUCH appreciated - Thanks in advance!

Offline rodsolder

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2023, 04:37:29 am »
Hi, I have acquired a LPKF Protomat S62 and need a supplier for the cutting bits. Do you have any recommendations.

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2023, 08:18:46 am »
Hi, I have acquired a LPKF Protomat S62 and need a supplier for the cutting bits. Do you have any recommendations.

In Australia, try Embedded Logic Solutions in Sydney.  I have bought LPKF supplies from them in the past (mostly their rivets as I run a Chinese router).
https://emlogic.com.au/

I don't know if it is up to date, or if you have part numbers on hand, but you can try search their price list at https://emlogic.com.au/resources/price-lists/

Offline Jelbert

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2023, 09:11:49 pm »
Hi,

I have a S103 with a vacuum bed. The problem with the vacuum bed is the price and quality of the sinter plate. The sinter plates after 2020 all have the tendency to bend.
To solve this I have made a new sinter plate from pla on my Bambu X1C 3d printer. The make files can be found here:https://www.printables.com/model/668832-lpkf-vacuum-table-sinterplate-replacement/files
The plate is made of small tiles so you only need to replace the ones that are perforated or cut. I also made solid tiles to decrease the size of the work area if you use a small pcb or reuse an pcb with holes in it because of previous projects.
I also made a cross laser pointer in the syringe holder so I can see the center of where the camera is looking. If there is interest in those files I will put them online too.

Cheers,

Jelbert

The following users thanked this post: purfield, dk1za

Offline Grubi

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2024, 05:47:02 pm »
Hello fellow LPKF owners,
I need a bit of help - has operated C60 before some time and finally bought one...but I
lost HDD with CAD/CAM software on it. I knew there was an older version that was paid (and with single PC license),
and there was 2 separate CAM and machine applications and then new and integrated come which was free.
However, I cannot find old manuals and software on the LPKF page, as was mentioned here.
Prefer to operate under older Windows as 7 or even XP, but Win10 hopefully will also work.

Thanks in advance and have a great week!

Offline mk_

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2024, 09:23:03 pm »
Hello fellow LPKF owners,
I need a bit of help - has operated C60 before some time and finally bought one...but I
lost HDD with CAD/CAM software on it. I knew there was an older version that was paid (and with single PC license),
and there was 2 separate CAM and machine applications and then new and integrated come which was free.
However, I cannot find old manuals and software on the LPKF page, as was mentioned here.
Prefer to operate under older Windows as 7 or even XP, but Win10 hopefully will also work.

Maybe I don`t get ist, but what`s your question?

If your license was paid... ask LPKF, they have been always frendly and helpful even for my now 30year old system... Serial number from your C60 could help...

and - also get used to backup such existential software... there is no excuse to loose something like that since the aviability of NAS, USBdrives, dropbox and similar services...

Offline Grubi

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2024, 05:41:40 am »
Good to know and thanks for advice. I bought machine on an auction and some long time passed (1.5 years) until I have space and time to start with machine.
Plus it was COVID times and there was delivery problems...So I think I have had archived software on the right place, but may be not.
My question was - if someone can share free version (and it was free, not single licensed as the old ones) of LPKF CAD/CAM software that can work with ProtoMat C60, since I can't see download section on LPKF website. I will write local distributor office today, and will see how it is going to work with them.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 05:58:02 am by Grubi »

Offline istvan58

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2024, 11:09:14 pm »
Have a look at MITS out of Japan.

Offline Grubi

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2024, 01:27:41 pm »
Yep, I run the machine with Board Master and it seems operating fine.

LPKF is saying no longer CircutCAM is offered, but I wonder if there is something to replace it...
I do have now CircuitCAM several software versions (from LPKF website), but they of course need activation code, which I don't have since original activation label
was not included in the sale, and it was my fault, too  |O

Any ideas how to solve this? I guess question is how to convert Gerber files into LMD/LPR/HPGL format, even with CircuitCAM and Board Master process was automated between.
And CircuitCAM has interesting history
https://www.circuitcam.com/history#:~:text=Originally%20CircuitCAM%20has%20been%20developed,in%20the%20pre%2Dwindows%20area.https://www.circuitcam.com/history#:~:text=Originally%20CircuitCAM%20has%20been%20developed,in%20the%20pre%2Dwindows%20area

@istvan58 - those MITS machines seems good
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:19:42 pm by Grubi »

Offline Kevin Liu

• Contributor
    • LPKF ProtoMat User Club
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2024, 08:16:57 am »
Hi,

I have a S103 with a vacuum bed. The problem with the vacuum bed is the price and quality of the sinter plate. The sinter plates after 2020 all have the tendency to bend.
To solve this I have made a new sinter plate from pla on my Bambu X1C 3d printer. The make files can be found here:https://www.printables.com/model/668832-lpkf-vacuum-table-sinterplate-replacement/files
The plate is made of small tiles so you only need to replace the ones that are perforated or cut. I also made solid tiles to decrease the size of the work area if you use a small pcb or reuse an pcb with holes in it because of previous projects.
I also made a cross laser pointer in the syringe holder so I can see the center of where the camera is looking. If there is interest in those files I will put them online too.

Cheers,

Jelbert

Hi, Would you mind sharing it with my Facebook group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/lpkfuserclub

Thanks for your contributions.

Online IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2024, 12:05:22 am »
Re MITS machines

I had visited MITS in 2007 while attending an exhibition at Big Sight in Tokyo.
LPKF were present at the exhibition and I was in the early stages of planing to set up the business.

At the time MITS gear looked more mature than LPKF although I was more interested in the larger LPKF machine.
In any case LPKF was too expensive and MITS I felt was a bit limited in table size.

SO i decided to roll my own. A local engineering firm machined parts of the frame. The design included precision dowels to locate frame components, linear bearings mounted and edge clamped, A Renishaw linear scale implemented along with preloaded ground screws and servo motor with velocity feedback loop and lastly all that crowned with an Alfred Yaeger 100KRPM spindle .
LinuxCNC control software and the machine sprang into life with 20 micron quadrature resolution ( or more accurately if you pardon the pun 5 micron effective resolution ).

After a bit of tuning no scalloping in the copper edges was observed and the limiting factor became the robustness of the cutting tool in its response to feed rate and acceleration of axes.
This was augmented by a hot and cold press with a vacuum cassette featuring four flatted pin registration system and a palladium hole wall activation process and a unique eductor based  plating process tank.
A cartesian movement laser was built to scribe the soldermask image on liquid photo imageable soldermask layer.
Finally a Probot flying probe tester was deployed to test the finished product.

EPILOGUE:

This prototyping service is no longer offered. The chemical process is disestablished and bits and bobs are now available for sale.

Among other things we have residual single and double sided FR4 materials and a collection of drill bits from 0.35mm to 1.6mmas well as 1/8" bits as well as some router bits and V shaped engraving bits ( 3 flute design ).

A sad time ...

Offline dk1za

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2024, 07:05:07 am »
Thanks for the information. The vacuum table does work!
It would be nice if you could share the laser pointer files you mentioned.
thanks, walter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf