Author Topic: From Schematic to PCB  (Read 3214 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: From Schematic to PCB
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2021, 08:26:19 pm »
I did not know how much thickness I needed so I decided to use as wide tracks as possible, It's set to 1.3 mm, And later applied copper all to the ground so it gives it more current flow, Only two mosfets possibly need a heat sink and they are placed at the edges of the board, the others are regular transistors, I chose the footpring of a mosfet to have wider tracks, Autoroute failed with normal footprint so had to do that to get around the problem, The transiostors I got have long legs so I can spread them out.
Auto routing should only be used as a guide to help with component layout !

It can be more useful when you have the functional blocks of the circuit configured to help further optimize how those blocks are to be placed, flipped or rotated.
Well done PCB's certainly aren't a 5 minute spin.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Rat_Patrol

• Frequent Contributor
Re: From Schematic to PCB
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2021, 02:13:49 pm »
Any reason for the odd sizes of the annular rings?

Example: Q13 and Q1 both seem to be TO-220 packages, but the annular ring on Q1 is tiny, while it is fine on Q13. Q1 will be hard to solder by hand.

The annular rings for the slide switch on the bottom are also very small, will be very difficult to solder.

For hand soldering, you want pads the pads to look like Q13 or D9; a bit meaty. For room constraints, you make them oblong instead of round, such as with Q13.

Looking at that board, and the size of the annular rings on the THT components, I would expect that board was intended to be wave soldered.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf