Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Full SMT line inside of 8-foot-wide trailer?

(1/6) > >>

radiostuff:
Have you every seen an production-grade SMT line that is narrow enough to be installed inside of an 8-foot-wide trailer (40' or 53')? Let's assume that the line is able to support 100 uniques (so likely two PnP machines), a fully automatic stencil printer, 6-zone oven, as well as destacker and stacker.

Which manufacturers have equipment that is narrow enough to comfortably fit inside of this width? I would assume that the maximum equipment width is 48-inches and that servicing could be done from only one side.

themadhippy:
There was  one on ebay a year or 2 back https://www.eevblog.com/forum/manufacture/is-your-lab-too-small-for-pp-machine-no-excuses-now/msg4665181/#msg4665181

HwAoRrDk:
Why a trailer? So the line is mobile? I hate to think what bouncing around in a moving trailer would do to the alignment and calibration of a pick and place machine.

SMTech:

--- Quote from: radiostuff on February 24, 2024, 04:02:59 pm ---Have you every seen an production-grade SMT line that is narrow enough to be installed inside of an 8-foot-wide trailer (40' or 53')? Let's assume that the line is able to support 100 uniques (so likely two PnP machines), a fully automatic stencil printer, 6-zone oven, as well as destacker and stacker.

Which manufacturers have equipment that is narrow enough to comfortably fit inside of this width? I would assume that the maximum equipment width is 48-inches and that servicing could be done from only one side.

--- End quote ---

I'm guessing being in a trailer gets you round some zoning/permit rules because it can technically move, given enough notice.

Production grade, so we're excluding the Kayo/Neoden machines that tend to be just that little bit narrower... Tricky. What I have seen is the Mycronic Road show truck, it cheats and deploys a telescopic extension to give people somewhere to stand.
I think to give yourself any chance of being able to install a feeder, move up and down the line with any degree of comfort etc you would have to put generic machines almost against the back wall and then only load feeders on the front banks, 2 generic machines is often 60 8mm lanes each per side. This would "fit", I suspect temperature control would be a nightmare and so would servicing. Your "higher end" little machines such as an Essemtec FOX or a Fritsch or even Autotronik would probably give you a little more room. These may or may not meet your definition of production grade.

mikeselectricstuff:
Bear in mind that serious machines need a very solid mounting, (some have their bases filled with sand at install).
Anything still on wheels may have issues

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version