Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Good PCB houses for UK buyers

(1/4) > >>

Infraviolet:
I've made PCBs before but am looking soon for a supplier to order some personally rather than how it was done where I was working when I designed them. But most of the advice online is for people ordering in the USA.

Any tips from anyone in the UK about good companeis to use?

I'm aware of a lot of Chinese suppliers, and the lead times don't concern me much, but I know some can be troublesome to get imported and get held up by overzelous officials. Also a lot take money in $ not £ which makes things difficult for me.

I'm aware of eurocircuits, who take money in £ and I think import easily, all paid as part of the order price, but they are very expensive especially for simpler boards.

I'm after:
2 layers
features fine enough for 0.2mm traces with 0.15mm separation
lots of thin vias
through hole plating
silkscreen with printing
opportunities to make obround (pill or stadium shaped)cuts and other milled shapes, with and without throughhole plating, to which certain strangely shaped terminals can be soldered
standard thickness non flexible board
very small production runs
easy ordering
some minor amount of automatic checking of designs and getting confirmation that the boards are manfacturable

Ay tips for UK use?

mikeselectricstuff:
The usual big-name Chinese places (jlcpcb, allpcb,pcbway) all work fine for UK users - PCBs come back within a week ( with DHL delivery option), and now that they collect VAT at order time, you don't get the occasional customs hold-ups or clearance charges you used to, the flip side is you always pay VAT, whearas before it was hit or miss whether you got charged or not.

langwadt:

--- Quote from: Infraviolet on September 27, 2021, 10:42:29 pm ---I've made PCBs before but am looking soon for a supplier to order some personally rather than how it was done where I was working when I designed them. But most of the advice online is for people ordering in the USA.

Any tips from anyone in the UK about good companeis to use?

I'm aware of a lot of Chinese suppliers, and the lead times don't concern me much, but I know some can be troublesome to get imported and get held up by overzelous officials.

--- End quote ---
why should importing be any worse than from an EU country?

--- Quote from: Infraviolet on September 27, 2021, 10:42:29 pm ---Also a lot take money in $ not £ which makes things difficult for me.

--- End quote ---

why is that difficult? they will show you the price in what ever currency you chose

langwadt:

--- Quote from: mikeselectricstuff on September 27, 2021, 10:46:26 pm ---The usual big-name Chinese places (jlcpcb, allpcb,pcbway) all work fine for UK users - PCBs come back within a week ( with DHL delivery option), and now that they collect VAT at order time, you don't get the occasional customs hold-ups or clearance charges you used to, the flip side is you always pay VAT, whearas before it was hit or miss whether you got charged or not.

--- End quote ---

but you don't get hit with a 20€ fee for the postman collecting a few € vat

PerranOak:
I wish we could buy (small orders) within the UK.  :horse:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version