Author Topic: Hakko FR-410 / FR-400 Desoldering Station - anyone using?  (Read 601 times)

Offline zaibatsuTopic starter

Hakko FR-410 / FR-400 Desoldering Station - anyone using?
« on: May 24, 2024, 04:27:57 am »
Just wondering if anyone has experience with Hakko's current high-end (through hole) desoldering tools FR-410 and FR-400?

They seem to address issues of past versions with a much shorter tip with dual heater and significantly higher power, which presumably translates to better thermal stability / less chance of clogging / ability to use lower temperatures for sensitive boards. However I'd like to hear some long-term user experience. Leaning towards the FR-410 as it offers a lower minimum temp.

Currently using an ancient Hakko 700B station with Hakko 800 gun, restored with newer generation element/tip and re-calibrated, but it's finally getting hard to find parts (valve-plate / diaphragm).

I am working on vintage gear (fragile traces) worth significantly more than the tool price so don't mind investing, I did also consider Weller (WXD2 / WXDP120) which has great reviews for performance/functionality but poorer reviews for long term durability (DOAs / short term failure / firmware update bricking etc). Not sure if the situation has changed now. I like the long term user-serviceability and internal parts availability with Hakko, am hoping the functionality on their newer design is competitive with Weller.

Open to being swayed, appreciate any thoughts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf