Author Topic: LTB: Low volume automatic PnP for 0201 and large BGAs  (Read 1335 times)

Offline bleedingeTopic starter

LTB: Low volume automatic PnP for 0201 and large BGAs
« on: February 09, 2021, 12:30:44 am »
Hi All,

I know this topic makes a comeback now and then but I'm now in a position where my company needs to speed up prototyping and external assembly is really slow (around 4 weeks for each project).

We are looking around to get a machine that can place boards with a couple hundred 0201 components and large BGAs (29x29). I know the chinese machines are not the best, but second hand market is non-existent in my country and I don't think we can afford a first-class PnP machine.

Our budget for PnP and oven is around 20K€. Do you think we can find something in that price range that won't make us pull our hair out?

Thanks!

Offline ArthurRobin

• !
Re: LTB: Low volume automatic PnP for 0201 and large BGAs
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 02:14:42 am »
how about this one
https://youtu.be/2uIyyweyqmM

email qhsmt@qq.com

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 05:28:07 am »
Hi All,

I know this topic makes a comeback now and then but I'm now in a position where my company needs to speed up prototyping and external assembly is really slow (around 4 weeks for each project).

We are looking around to get a machine that can place boards with a couple hundred 0201 components and large BGAs (29x29). I know the chinese machines are not the best, but second hand market is non-existent in my country and I don't think we can afford a first-class PnP machine.

Our budget for PnP and oven is around 20K€. Do you think we can find something in that price range that won't make us pull our hair out?

Thanks!
The machine I'm using (HW-T4-50F from HWGC) can do 0201 using the electric feeder options and can do maximum IC size of 40x40mm. I did try the 0201 on a test board I made but have never had the need to do 0201 in production. So, I don't have the statistical number to say it's 100% all good for bigger batch of 0201 placement. But, from what I see from their customer videos, there are even daring customer of theirs using normal pneumatic feeder to do 0201. I don't think there's any issue of doing 29x29mm BGA reliably. Machine cost me USD6K++ for their smallest 50 feeder slot machine without feeders and they can scale up to other bigger machine of theirs like 6 head-64 feeder, or 8 head-80 feeder. There are also other similar companies of similar capable machine like Kayo and Boreytech. Look around and you will see many forumer actually owned these machines and happy with it.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 06:22:01 am »
For prototyping or production?
The latter you need an x-ray (or service)  in order to verify the reflow process for the bga packages.

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 08:06:42 am »
For prototyping or production?
The latter you need an x-ray (or service)  in order to verify the reflow process for the bga packages.
I was going to mention about this, else you will be doing it blindly. Sometimes, assuming it is 100% perfect by running the test might not be enough.
Even the smaller factory in China, some don't have the x-ray machine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf