Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Is it my fault or is JLCPCB overly pedantic when they say these are two designs?

(1/7) > >>

Blitzschnitzel:
Hi,
Yesterday I’ve uploaded this design to JLCPCB with a 13 x 13mm breakout at the top right:

Now they wrote that I have to pay extra because these are two different designs. Technically maybe  … but I mean it is tiny and doesn’t add to the overall dimensions of the PCB at all. If there were some random slot cuts in the middle of the PCB instead it wouldn't cost extra. So, why do they even care?
Or, was that perhaps the result of an automated review and I can still convince a human to let this slide?

spongle:
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:

OwO:
No the problem is you added slots and row of vias which make the board mechanically difficult to handle. One option is to remove the slots and cut apart the boards yourself.

Blitzschnitzel:

--- Quote from: OwO on October 04, 2019, 05:26:39 pm ---No the problem is you added slots and row of vias which make the board mechanically difficult to handle. One option is to remove the slots and cut apart the boards yourself.

--- End quote ---
OK, thanks for the explenation. Yeah, not having to cut that by hand I would happily pay for. ^-^

ataradov:
For the purpose of prototyping, I would also classify this as two designs. Are you really going to spend time convincing any one for $5?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version