Author Topic: JLCPCB - lost package  (Read 2395 times)

Offline up8051Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
JLCPCB - lost package
« on: January 19, 2023, 04:29:00 pm »
My package with PCBs from  JLCPCB is missing, 35 days have passed since the shipment date.
Euro Pocket shipment by DHL (DHL did not tell me what happened to the shipment).
I reported to JLCPCB and they only offer a partial refund (order $379, refund only $180).

Has anyone had this situation?

Regards
JarekC

Offline Jackster

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
Re: JLCPCB - lost package
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 04:32:51 pm »
Threaten a chargeback or section 75 if not refunded in full.
It is up to them to get the package to you when they pay for the shipping.

If DHL has lost it, JLCPCB can claim against DHL for the loss.

Don't accept anything less.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 10:52:45 pm »
If DHL has lost it, JLCPCB can claim against DHL for the loss.

Assuming they bought insurance, they can, which they probably didn't bother paying for.
If there is no insurance you'll get the cost of shipping, which is ~$15 or so.

Of course I don't disagree that a full refund is deserved. But get them to do a proper trace with DHL first. I don't know what "DHL did not tell me what happened" means, what does the tracking say?
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 01:35:52 am »
Assuming they bought insurance, they can, which they probably didn't bother paying for.

For stuff under like $500 DHL insurance is not worth paying for.
I send stuff often and did the math on this once. Considering what it costs me to replace the item vs what the insurance costs to pay for on every order vs how often they go missing.

For what DHL charge for insurance on my packages they'd have to be losing 1 in 20 shipments before the insurance would make any sense to get.
It was cheaper to not get insurance and pay out of pocket for any items that went missing.
So far DHL has lost 2 out of 1000+ packages that I've sent, and 1 of them I suspect was the customer lying but I couldn't prove it.

So JLCPCB definitely won't be paying for DHL insurance on small PCB orders under a few hundred.

I suspect DHL intentionally make the insurance on small value items too expensive so no one uses it in order to reduce the paperwork and staff needed.
If you think about it, not having insurance to worry about on small value packages (which make up a huge %) takes a huge load off their system/call center/insurance claim center.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 01:45:33 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 02:20:21 am »
Yeah a few in 1,000 lost sounds right.
Cost could also be from the issue of insurance fraud. Lets say you print a label that erases itself, or rig the package in some other way.

Just some random DHL quotes gave a return at about 1 in 50 packages lost. At least with this account there is no big discount in insurance rate as the price goes up, if anything they increase.
- $0 insurance $38
- $100 insurance $41
- $500 insurance $48
- $1000 insurance $60

All the more reason for JLC to do a full refund, assuming the tracking results are reasonable.

edit: but if you want to make life easier, they'd likely be more willing to give you a credit or re-ship your order.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 02:31:27 am by thm_w »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 10:33:11 am »
DHL don't respond to my package investigation, probably JLCPCB also don't get response.
After completing the application form, I receive information that they will try to find the package and give a reply within 3 weeks

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 11:22:49 am »
3 weeks - maybe because CNY until 28th

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 11:34:04 am »
My package lost in Europe
Last tracking info:

2022-12-17 05:20 Radefeld, Germany, The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 06:43:40 pm »
My package lost in Europe
Last tracking info:

2022-12-17 05:20 Radefeld, Germany, The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Export? They may be returning it because it didn't clear the customs or didn't meet EU standards for some reason. The returned shipment would have a different tracking number so you cannot track it any further. You can look at earlier records to see if there were any unusual entanglements.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 07:16:51 pm »
All packages from JLCPCB sent via Euro-Packet had the same messages. An example of tracking a package that arrived in the correct way

The shipment has been successfully delivered
2022-12-09 07:53:00
The shipment has been loaded onto the delivery vehicle
2022-12-09 04:36:00
The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot
2022-12-08 18:38:00
The shipment has been processed in the parcel center
2022-12-08 18:38:00
The shipment has arrived in the destination country/destination area.
2022-12-08 02:56:00
The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
2022-12-02 16:56:00
Arrived at DHL Sort Facility ZHUJIANG DELTA AREA-CHN
2022-12-02 14:25:00
Shipment picked up

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 11:01:40 pm »
3 weeks - maybe because CNY until 28th

Its just normal for DHL:

Anyway, its not on OP to track down this parcel, they've shown its not been received in reasonable time. So its on JLC to re-ship, credit, or whatever IMO.
Usually what we'd do in this situation is re-ship new items as soon as a problem is seen, as its often faster than waiting for the parcel to be found or come back from customs rejection, multiple weeks later.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 12:58:59 am »
My package with PCBs from  JLCPCB is missing, 35 days have passed since the shipment date.
Euro Pocket shipment by DHL (DHL did not tell me what happened to the shipment).
I reported to JLCPCB and they only offer a partial refund (order $379, refund only $180).

Regards
JarekC
not lost, but my last order from lcsc last year took about a month to reach me via DHL Ecommerce Packet (the cheap version), usually international order will reach me in 2 weeks time. what happened was instead of fly direct china to malaysia, it slingshoted to Europe and then to various places in 2 weeks before settled in singapore for another 2 weeks. i believe in singapore, its handed down to singapore speed post, a much cheaper service as their 3rd party deliverer. so i suggest you track the number using generic tracking service such as 17track, it may give you whereabout the parcel in another courier service. iirc, few years ago i ordered a used Gossen Metrawatt from ebay and the seller sent with DHL Russia/Germany, the tracking number was useless and it hadnt arrive within more than a month, so i requested paypal refund and get 100% money back, but few weeks later i found the parcel laying ignored on the side floor of our post office. weeks a go, i made an order from japan and the seller can send with DHL or Fedex, i gave more preference to Fedex since it hadnt have this kind of issue, so i got my parcel in 2 weeks time via Fedex, i'll avoid DHL if possible (esp cheaper package) from now on... ymmv.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

The following users thanked this post: fullmoon6661

Offline JLCPCB Official

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 05:55:31 am »

Regards
JarekC

dear friend, could you provide me your order number to check

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 01:55:42 pm »
Order number W202212090630817
Compensation number JD0000121180

Current status:
- 42 days from shipping
- no change of package status
- DHL don't respond to my investigation
- last e-mail from Ricky Tan (JLCPCB support) 20/01/2023, then stopped responding to my e-mails
- I don't see any coupons at my account (I sent a scan from my account, coupons tab)
- The offer of compensation in the form of three separate coupons (140,140,100$)is unattractive to me because when re-producing a lost order, I will be able to use only one and have to  pay the rest. Your system allows only one coupon to be used per order.

The best option for me is either a refund to a debit card or simply a re-production of the order.

BR JarekC

Offline JLCPCB Official

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 07:38:39 am »
Order number W202212090630817
Compensation number JD0000121180

Current status:
- 42 days from shipping
- no change of package status
- DHL don't respond to my investigation
- last e-mail from Ricky Tan (JLCPCB support) 20/01/2023, then stopped responding to my e-mails
- I don't see any coupons at my account (I sent a scan from my account, coupons tab)
- The offer of compensation in the form of three separate coupons (140,140,100$)is unattractive to me because when re-producing a lost order, I will be able to use only one and have to  pay the rest. Your system allows only one coupon to be used per order.

The best option for me is either a refund to a debit card or simply a re-production of the order.

BR JarekC

Friend, I list your inquiry as a priority we will have a solution for this case. When team members are back from the Chinese New Year Holiday, you may receive emails, thanks for waiting.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, voltsandjolts

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf