Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Laminator in the UK for PCB making

(1/2) > >>

NilByMouth:
Hi,

I need to make a large (23 x 12 cm) double-sided PCB and looking to use a laminator to do the print transfer. Has anyone had success with any laminators that are still available for sale in the UK? All the ones I've seen mentioned in blogs and forum searches are no longer available.

Thanks

tautech:
Any A4 laminator should do the job, I always do 2 passes and with toner transfer experimentation is the key to getting acceptable results. Practice on some scrap PCB to get your processes sorted.  ;)

tggzzz:
Have you considered the acetone+IPA solvent method as a way of avoiding the need for a laminator?

I haven't tried it, but I will do the next time I make a PCB at home.

rob77:
double sided 23x12cm is quite a challenge for toner transfer... don't expected goood results.
i strongly suggest to go for Riston dry film photo-resist and dynamask dry film solder-mask.

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: rob77 on March 07, 2016, 10:51:52 pm ---double sided 23x12cm is quite a challenge for toner transfer... don't expected goood results.

--- End quote ---
AFAIK the only real issue is registration, and that can be solved by

* having wire-sized fiducial holes near each corner
* drilling the holes
* pushing a wire through the hole
* aligning the paper with the hole on the each side by poking the wire through the paper
* and holding the paper in that position during laminationNot perfect, but good enough for 0.1" pitch components - which is as good as the lamination technique allows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version