Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Need info on PnP machines Juki KP-620 and Zevatech PM-570 Laser

(1/1)

Merlysys:
Evaluating the usability of these machines. I think they are identical or similar. They were made at a time when documentation was not put online I guess.

Anything at all you know about them please detail here, also any links.

jmelson:

--- Quote from: Merlysys on November 15, 2017, 06:03:30 pm ---Evaluating the usability of these machines. I think they are identical or similar. They were made at a time when documentation was not put online I guess.

--- End quote ---
I don't know these machines well.  I do have a Philips CSM84, made by Yamaha, I think about 1995.  These were built like a tank.  Some things to think about are availability of feeders and spare parts, and the robustness of the consumables.  My CSM84 has steel nozzles that are quite robust, some other models have very fragile nozzles that need frequent replacement.  Note that the feeders you will need might cost more than the machine.  Always good to have plenty of feeders.

If you can't get manuals online, then absolutely make sure that the machine comes with the EXACT manuals for that model/serial.  Most of these machines went through a long process of updates, and if the manual applies to a different software version, it will be at least an annoyance.  Note also that some of the early manuals for Japanese machines were QUITE awful translations, and hard to understand.

Also, make sure you can handle the power requirements, some machines require 3-phase power.  And, also consider the physical size.  I had to have a double-wide door put in my basement to accommodate my machine.

Jon

sam512bb:

--- Quote from: Merlysys on November 15, 2017, 06:03:30 pm ---Evaluating the usability of these machines. I think they are identical or similar. They were made at a time when documentation was not put online I guess.

--- End quote ---

Good day,

I have a PM-575 and so I can try and answer any questions you may have.  What type of info would you be interested in?  If you do get a machine there is a Yahoo user's group (https://ca.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/zevatech/info) that cater to these machines and within it there are various files and documents available to help those use and maintain these machines.

Cheers,

Sam (I am also located in Canada - Edmonton, AB)

sam512bb:
Good day Merlysys,

I found some basic marketing info if this is what you are looking for. 

Cheers,

Sam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version