Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Need to rent work-space for electronics soldering

(1/12) > >>

Faringdon:
Hi,
Please advise if you know of any space in London, UK, that i can rent whilst i solder up and assemble a 2kW SMPS?
I am not allowed to solder in my flat.

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: Faringdon on June 24, 2022, 10:09:25 am ---Hi,
Please advise if you know of any space in London, UK, that i can rent whilst i solder up and assemble a 2kW SMPS?
I am not allowed to solder in my flat.

--- End quote ---

It must be difficult not to be able to do your hobby in your flat.

Hackspaces/makerspaces are designed for hobbyists; why not use one of those?

Besides, surely the cost of renting a space will vastly exceed the cost of a single common-or-garden fuse. Or travelling from, say, Southall to Woolwich.

--- Quote from: Faringdon on May 02, 2022, 11:30:02 pm ---Hi,
Just doing a hobby prototype...multiple SMPS's.
We want to have a 1A fuse on a 60VDC rail.......why can't we use this.?..

MP001593
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/3665667.pdf

....we know its an AC fuse, and  could possibly  release shrapnel if it blows.....since its not DC rated...but we will have protective eyeware on.

DC rated fuses are more expensive as you know.

--- End quote ---

Faringdon:
Thanks, i cant see prices for makerspaces, and there arent many of them......im surprised there's nothing...i remember back in the 70's, you could cheaply rent garages to do your car up in......that would be great for this, just a space with a table in it........but i cant find anything like that now. This would only take about 2 weeks to assemble this...then i could take it to the customer premises for testing

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: Faringdon on June 24, 2022, 12:23:25 pm ---...then i could take it to the customer premises for testing

--- End quote ---

Is this or isn't this a hobby prototype?

Faringdon:
Its unpayed work.....if the supply works, and the cust likes it......it "might" go ahead to something....but unlikely.
But i wish to build it anyway....to see how it goes........so at the moment, yes, its just a hobby.
I have not been payed a sausage to date, and dont stand to be......the cust has the full schem and layout anyway,  because i gave it to them to try and get them interested, so neednt pick me for the work anyway....even though i designed and layed-out it all.

I actually want to build it anyway, regardless of the customer.

As you can understand, with Chinese import power supplys available, the customer has other options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version