Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

NeoDen YY1 Pick And Place Machine With Under $3K Price for Hobbiest/Low vol Usag

<< < (57/67) > >>

drgerber:
Quick update from our end as well.
We are having the YY1 pretty much since the beginning.
Must have put around 100 boards through the machine so far. Many different designs and mostly 0402 passives and QFNs. Large BGAs we are always placing by hand for prototyping runs.
Really can't complain for that price. Does a solid job and ideal for prototyping and very small batch production.

Maybe a few more tips I can give.

Check the angle of your alignment bar (or whatever that aluminum bracket is called where you align the board) and adjust it if necessary. Check with the down looking camera when moving the head in the "manual" menu.
Ours came with a very slight angle. So the larger the boards were the more placement error there were. Strange choice only supporting one fiducial but you can work your way around it.

Second one is playing a little with the fiducial offset values in the fiducial menu. While it does say something like "not necessary" in the description it is indeed pretty important and may differ a little between different designs. Not sure why that is actually the case as we are always using the same fiducial type. Set up everything and go into the "mount" menu. Then click "step" until it reads "preview". Go through a few component positions and check the red hair cross for proper alignment. If it does not mach go back in the fiducial menu and change the offset coordinates.

We are setting the datum for every new batch of boards by manually calculating it. Pretty sure that is not really necessary as any offset here should be ruled out by the fiducial but anyway...
Moving the head to the center of a reference component and then subtracting the component coordinates from the machine bed coordinates. This is then what we enter in the parameter settings as the origin.

The pulley wheel on the X axis was of a really bad quality. The hole was not exactly in the center which made the belt "wiggle" a little. You could watch the tensioner move when the head was going from left to right. We replaced it with a high accuracy 3D printed version with a press-fit. Head moves much smoother now and I guess placement quality also got a little better.

HallMark:

--- Quote from: drgerber on April 05, 2023, 08:59:04 pm ---
The pulley wheel on the X axis was of a really bad quality. The hole was not exactly in the center which made the belt "wiggle" a little. You could watch the tensioner move when the head was going from left to right. We replaced it with a high accuracy 3D printed version with a press-fit. Head moves much smoother now and I guess placement quality also got a little better.

--- End quote ---

Can share that model ? I think their part is not nicely made.

HallMark:
Is there any 3D models available for different types of feeder for YY1?
They have cut tape space but I want to change it for all 16mm cut tape is there any 3D printable model available for YY1 Neoden?

sinewave:
If anyone is going to Electronex on the 10th-11th of May, there will be a YY1 on display from Emlogic.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: sinewave on April 23, 2023, 02:08:42 am ---If anyone is going to Electronex on the 10th-11th of May, there will be a YY1 on display from Emlogic.

--- End quote ---

I was going to go, but unfortunately have a family commitment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version