Author Topic: NeoDen YY1 Pick And Place Machine With Under $3K Price for Hobbiest/Low vol Usag  (Read 69087 times)

Offline Tonny-NeoDenTopic starter

• Contributor
New Arrival!!! 

NeoDen YY1 Pick And Place Machine With Cheap Price(Less than $3K),if have interest,feel free contact to me:
Tonny@neodentech.com,Skype:Tonny-Neoden,Whatsapp or Wechat:86-13588787940 

https://youtu.be/Cqn_GG2tIpo

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Looks interesting - some nice features for low-volume users:
Bulk feeder - would be interesting to see how well this works in practice
Decent 315x350+mm board area ( if only one feeder bank in use) 
Tool changing, which is an essential feature lacking in many low-end machines, 3 + 1 nozzles is just about enough.

The only thing I'd have liked to have seen is a flying camera option for part vision, as this would improve speed considerably for relatively low cost
Also the option to take a few Yamaha feeders for high-quantity parts would be nice

Some things I'd like to see in more detail:
Feeder loading procedure
How do the feeders pull the cover tape
Feeder options for wider/deeper tapes

Is the speed shown in the videos the maximum speed ? It does look a little slow - the 3000cph claim looks suspect

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline newto

• Regular Contributor
Has anyone seen one of these in the wild yet/how reliable are NeoDen machines in general? Price wise these look very attractive to me for our workflow. Management wants to keep production in Canada as much as possible for marketing and security reasons, so we regularly spend 2500-4000 CAD per small run of boards from a local shop.

In theory it would pay for itself in ~2-3 of our builds, but that depends on how many hours we'd have to commit to the machine for setup and and inspection/rework of the boards (plus we'd need some kind of reflow oven). But if setup is relatively easy, I could also use it for prototyping instead of manual placement.

The machine would be idle for pretty much 98% of the year, and only be put to use 5-6 times a year max, unless our sales ramp up a lot (although they're already up like 50% this year...)

• Contributor
Hi All,
Glad to receive your further comment.

Can know more of our machines via below link(can find many videos inside):
https://www.youtube.com/c/NeoDenTechnology

Best regards,
Tonny-NeoDen

Offline jayx

• Contributor
These extra videos dont answer the questions:
Feeder loading procedure
How do the feeders pull the cover tape
Feeder options for wider/deeper tapes
Is the speed shown in the videos the maximum speed ? It does look a little slow - the 3000cph claim looks suspect

Also videos resolution 480p? Is this supposed to reflect the quality of the machines?  ;)

• Contributor
@Jayx,

1.For how to load the tape reel,we are preparing the video,will update when all are finished.
2.The tape is forward by one needle on the head,meanwhile the peeler collect the covering tape,from the video,can find this procdure.
3.The machine default tape reel feeder setting are total 45pcs(8mm=36pcs,12mm=6pcs,16mm=3pcs),support buy more if you want to replace among ones.
Above feeders support max 12mm height components.
4.Yes,the video is in low speed mode,the max CPH is 3000(vision on),the real speed was determined by many aspects,like the component kinds quantity,the distance between the tape reel and PCB,etc.
5.Some videos are took by mobil,so maybe not enough clearly.

If have further questions,can feel free contact to us directly.

-Best Regards,
Tonny-NeoDen

Offline doppelgrau

• Contributor
Bulk feeder - would be interesting to see how well this works in practice

No experience with this machine, but with OpenPnP there are similar feeders.
Once you dialed in the vision, they work quite good, but depending on the chip, dialing in the vision system can be a pain.

• Contributor
Hi,
Can find many real working videos via below link:
https://www.youtube.com/c/NeoDenTechnology

Best Regards,
Tonny-NeoDen

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
When will the manuals for the YY1 be available (on your website)?  I would like to see datafile formats, etc.
We'll search out every place a sick, twisted, solitary misfit might run to! -- I'll start with Radio Shack.

• Contributor
@fourfathom

Can download one draft User Manual via below link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SjZLu2GTdcQKzouMbZvWyXhsxw1b2wR_/view

Best regards,
Tonny-Neoden

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
@fourfathom

Can download one draft User Manual via below link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SjZLu2GTdcQKzouMbZvWyXhsxw1b2wR_/view

Best regards,
Tonny-Neoden

This needs an authorization code to access the document.  I did the "request access" thing but no response so far.
We'll search out every place a sick, twisted, solitary misfit might run to! -- I'll start with Radio Shack.

• Contributor
@fourfathom

Hello,sorry for bringing the inconvenience,pls check the link again,tks.

Best regards,
Tonny-Neoden

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
Question:  How does the YY1 handle 12mm component tape?  16mm?

Also, are the nozzles a Neoden custom design?  They don't look like Juki.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 11:28:07 pm by fourfathom »

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
I've been looking at the demo and review videos -- quite impressive.  The number of feeders looks great, assuming I can swap some 12mm feeders instead of the 8mm (on other Neoden machines a 12mm takes the place of two 8mm feeders, and that's OK with me.)  Reliable 0201 placement is better than I would expect.  I don't need or want a conveyor, one board at a time is fine (if I want volume production I will use a pro assy house.)  The small footprint is good for my limited lab space.  It looks like the PnP files are available to read and write , so I can use my own format conversion and feeder selection software.

And is there a video of your new "peeling gadget" at work?  I've seen how the reels get loaded but no details of the cover tape handling.

So what comes with the machine?  Nozzles? (not Juki?)  Feeders?

Under $3,000 ?  Shipping and availability?

• Contributor
@fourfathom

Pls send an email to me(tonny@neodentech.com),then will reply all to you with all details.

Offline kylehunter

• Regular Contributor
@fourfathom

Pls send an email to me(tonny@neodentech.com),then will reply all to you with all details.

I'd highly suggest you just answer the questions here, publicly. If not, others won't know the answers. Worse still, people will assume that the answers make the machine look bad, hence why you wouldn't want to just let everyone know.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, sokoloff, dkonigs

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
I'd highly suggest you just answer the questions here, publicly. If not, others won't know the answers. Worse still, people will assume that the answers make the machine look bad, hence why you wouldn't want to just let everyone know.

I made the same suggestion to Tonny in my email.  I did get a quick response back that answered most of my questions, and I hope NeoDen decides to post more here.

I will say that the answers were encouraging.  It would be nice to see some actual user feedback in the manner of Unexpected Maker, but at least for now the YY1 looks far superior to the Charmhigh unit.

• Contributor
 Hi All,

1.* And is there a video of your new "peeling gadget" at work? I've seen how the reels get loaded but no details of the cover tape handling.
Help take a short video of how the peeling gadget working,check below link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iihqzf11pzRRpzof881mUG_cl9hATxrf/view?usp=sharing

2.* So what comes with the machine?  Nozzles? (not Juki?)  Feeders?
The machine will equip 45pcs of tape reel kind feeders as standard setting,also will equip extra ones like vibration feeder,bulk feeders(for IC tray and cut tapes,bulk components).
The nozzle use CN series(Samsung brand),the machine will equip 8pcs total as standard accessories.

For commercial business questions like price/qutation,suggest talk via email individually.

best regards,
Tonny-neoden

Offline dkonigs

• Regular Contributor
Having watched several videos of this machine, one thing I can't help but notice is just how many of the component-handling parts appear to be 3D printed.  This makes me wonder a few things:

Was this just for the prototype, or is the production machine also built like this?

Will 3D models (CAD and/or STL/3MF) be made available for customers to print more of these parts themselves, and/or make modified versions to suit their needs?

I'm also curious when/if the market will see a batch reflow oven to accompany such a setup.  The Neoden IN6 might be in a similar class, but it still looks conveyor-belt oriented and is just a little bit too expensive.  It often feels to me like the market could really use a decent-quality convection batch reflow oven in the sub-$4k price range able to run off 120V power.  All we have right now are IR ovens like the T962 and DIY toaster projects.

Offline HHaase

• Regular Contributor
This looks like a more viable alternative to the TVM802 and other pin-advance style machines if you're in the market.  But I don't know if it's enough better for me to swap from my existing TVM802 to this machine.  I'd really like to see some more footage and examples running embossed tape in 8/12/16mm.

I would have much preferred a lite version of the Neoden4.  2-heads with changer,  24 to 36 slots for Yamaha style feeders, non-conveyor.   That would have me spending money.

Offline eflyersteve

• Contributor
I just received my YY1 today.  I am impressed so far.  From uncrating to first placed parts was less than an hour.  Programming is on the machine so that's a bit of a bummer but no worse than my TVM802B.  It's actually much more intuitive to program and use.

I bought the TVM802B because my essemtec csm7000 (I have two) does not handle 0402 parts well at all.  I needed another small machine and the Neoden appealed to me and the price isn't really any more but the design and quality is much better.

The only downside is that when using tubes that have tall components, the tubes have to be placed flat and therefore won't feed.  However the bulk feeding where you can sprinkle lose capacitors (or resistors if you are ok with mounting some upside-down) in the trays and the fiducial camera locates them for picking works surprisingly well.  The 3d printed parts are of very good quality and seem to have great layer adhesion. 

I'm working on a video review, shooting video, taking pics.  Hope to be able to share the video in the next week.  If anyone has questions or would like to see a pic of anything particular, let me know. 

The following users thanked this post: edavid, dawnclaude

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Definitely looking forward to seeing more on this  machine in the absence of detailed info from the manufacturer!
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
Quote from: eflyersteve link=topic=332494.msg4439311#date=1664400388
I just received my YY1 today.

I just ordered the YY1 a few days, so this is encouraging!  I expect mine to arrive early November, and I will report back as I test it. 

For my CHMT36 I wrote a little C# program that takes my KiCad placement files and my component/feeder spreadsheet file, and generates the native CHMT PnP file.  I am looking forward to doing the same for the YY1.

Offline Selectech

• Regular Contributor
I've had my YY1 for a couple of weeks now, quite like it.

Board setup is quick & easy. Machine is quiet.

Placements are good. I do mostly 0603, 0805, TSSOP, SOIC, TQFP, QFNs. Usually around 300 to 700 placements per board or panel.

Offline lutkeveld

• Regular Contributor
Quote from: eflyersteve link=topic=332494.msg4439311#date=1664400388
I just received my YY1 today.

I just ordered the YY1 a few days, so this is encouraging!  I expect mine to arrive early November, and I will report back as I test it. 

For my CHMT36 I wrote a little C# program that takes my KiCad placement files and my component/feeder spreadsheet file, and generates the native CHMT PnP file.  I am looking forward to doing the same for the YY1.

That's the .H5 file right? How did you manage that, is their standard open?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf