Author Topic: Order PCB from China to Australia - GST?  (Read 3959 times)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Order PCB from China to Australia - GST?
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2021, 10:54:21 am »
Really you want to state that categorically about 'small purchases' :o Just because you are not going there doesn't mean others should abide by your ruling on thread content and scope ::)

$75k is hardly international giants and over time more and more exporters from assorted countries will be charging GST at Sale.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline retiredfeline

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2021, 11:20:04 am »
Aren't you getting a bit testy about this? What ruling have I made about what people can post? Did I tell people at gunpoint what they can or cannot post? Post anything you like, I'm just not interested in joining that discussion, I just recounted my experiences. Geez!

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2021, 04:40:57 am »
I managed to register with HRMC UK as a Malaysian company and this allows me to collect the VAT and remit to them periodically without any 3rd party. EU is tougher because they require to appoint an intermediary party to do this. Tried to register with Ireland Revenue but was rejected. So that brings us to paying a huge amount of money to these 3rd party. FedEx has for example appoint KPMG to provide such service but it cost EUR800 per year just for 199 shipments. The next tier is EUR2600! DHL E-commerce is still working out the solution at the moment although 1st July is just a week away. But, DDU options is still available even after the 1st July with a fee charged by end postal service or courier. I rarely had shipments below EUR22 all this while, so it might not make any difference but if I were to collect the VAT on behalf of UK and EU, it would mean lower cost for customers especially UK ones. Of course I would need to take into account the extra cost incurred in the case of EU.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf