Author Topic: PCB Manufacturer Recommendations  (Read 15213 times)

Offline principia

Re: PCB Manufacturer Recommendations
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2021, 08:15:52 am »
Anyone else having problems with allpcb.com recently?
They increased the price of the an order after we had paid for it (populated PCB assy). It's now over a month late, with an unclear explanation as to why.
Meanwhile we placed a second order - again, they increased the price by 20% after we had paid for it.
Now my manager has lost confidence in them (and in me for recommending them  :( ), and we're $1500 down with little confidence of seeing anything.
I understand that component prices are volatile at the moment, but we paid via their web portal within a day of them quoting.

Offline KungFuJoshTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2021, 11:17:05 am »
Anyone else having problems with allpcb.com recently?
They increased the price of the an order after we had paid for it (populated PCB assy). It's now over a month late, with an unclear explanation as to why.
Meanwhile we placed a second order - again, they increased the price by 20% after we had paid for it.
Now my manager has lost confidence in them (and in me for recommending them  :( ), and we're $1500 down with little confidence of seeing anything.
I understand that component prices are volatile at the moment, but we paid via their web portal within a day of them quoting.

If it's a problem, I'm guessing you can file a claim with whatever payment method you used.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline DIYGUY Chris

• Contributor
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2021, 04:47:54 pm »
In general, the instant quote that you get from the website is an approximate price or "estimated price" this is what I used to see with some other PCB manufacturers who have online quote system, then after reviewing the design they find out some extra charges required due to some specifications on the design so I advice you to check with allpcb if they do have a list for the "extra charges" and it is not forbidden to Email them asking about an explanation for this extra payments.
I hope that I understand your question well!

Offline jayk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2021, 05:42:44 am »
Another vote for pcbway.  I don't run a ton of boards through them... mostly 4-6 layer 1/16th inch stuff... but I've never had a problem and they're fast and cheap.  Recently built a small (1.5x6") 4L board with ENIG finish - 5 boards delivered to the US in 8 days for $150.  Also they've caught and fixed a few design issues over the years.  I like to support the domestic manufacturers when I can, but the cost delta is just so high sometimes I need to go overseas.

Offline peter-h

• Super Contributor
  • Doing electronics since the 1960s...
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2021, 01:05:32 pm »
I have been buying PCBs from China for 20+ years, and have got through lots... they usually go bust every few years. Or just the only English-speaking person leaves, which amounts to the same thing because the company may as well then be on Jupiter.

Before that we were using Chinese via a UK "front man" but the prices were high. Of course the mfg name was always concealed from us but we once found out it was Kam Hing Electronics whose website was infected with a nasty virus for years and they never fixed it; eventually they vanished.

Before that I was using various UK firms but the quality was crap, and BBT was usually skipped if the end of the month was near.

Currently I am using Viasion https://www.viasion.com/ (ask for Tina) and they are very good. Good prices and good boards.

Previously I used Auspi https://www.auspi.cc/ for some years and then discovered that they destroyed the BBT tooling (some $400 per board) after 12 months of no orders for that board, which was in their small print, but was quite outrageous. When I spoke to them about it I got the typical Chinese arrogant treatment, so I stopped using them (with tooling chucked out there is zero incentive to use the same company again) but they kept phoning up and asking for more business and simply did not understand that chucking out $400 BBT tooling is not really reasonable practice in the West!

JLCPCB for prototypes but would never use them for production due to lack of communication and basically typically modern-Chinese arrogant attitude.
Z80 Z180 Z280 Z8 S8 8031 8051 H8/300 H8/500 80x86 90S1200 32F417

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf