Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Pick and place build, openpnp

(1/28) > >>

pisoiu:
Hi all,
I will share here my project progress, a pick and place machine. It is not designed with 'cheap' in mind, it is designed for performance. Initially I was thinking to buy a production line, but after analyzing all pros and cons, I decided to build one. It's more fun :)
Some of my goals are 1,5x1m dimensions, somewhere around 24 placing heads.
Basic components are purchased ready made (rails, servo motors, servo controllers). Mechanical parts used to join them will be built at 3d printer just to check dimensions and how they fit. After that, they will be built from aluminium at mill.
Here is one of the first tests which involves movement. In the movie is the y axis, 1 meter.

le: It is not driven to max speed (only about 2/3), nor at maximum acceleration, because the rail is not yet fixed to the table and some components are 3d printed PLA.

tom66:
I'm curious what you'll use for the feeders.

Kjelt:
Interesting will follow with utmost interest.
I also want to build one in the future, already collected a lot of 2nd hand parts for it.

So the used ballscrewspindle what is the feed somhow many mm travels per rotation.
For P&P you see a lot of 20mm feeds so very fast travel.

Do you use a stepper or servo?

24 heads, serious? Are you going too place leds or some components with the same value?
What is your thought there I wonder also since they take up a lot of space?

The linear guide looks self made, ehy not use standard wide linear rails ?

pisoiu:
Outside area can accommodate up to ~80 yamaha cl feeders. Inside area will keep the rest, whatever openpnp supports. Tray, cut tape, etc.
Ballscrew is TBI 2550, 25mm diameter, 50mm travel per rotation.
Motors are panasonic servo, minas a6, 400w high inertia. Steppers are not even close to this design's requirements. What you see in the above movie is travel at 2000rpm and 100ms acceleration time.
Head numbers is due to the fact that I want to avoid nozzle change (I am thinking at juki now), therefore I must have a combination of all sizes required by most designs. They will not be all in line, rather a matrix of 6x4 spaced at 30mm.
Linear guide is not self made, it is ISEL LFS series. It is bigger than common rails used in pnp machines but I prefer that part a bit oversized for now since the entire machine is quite big.
Everything is mounted on a 20mm thick aluminium plate.

Kjelt:
Very impressive hardware  :-+
50mm per rotation, that is a lot. How many pulses per rotation does your servo-encoder provide, or put differently what is the resulting positioning resolution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version