Author Topic: Pick and Place Machine TVM802A / TVM802B  (Read 316874 times)

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Re: Pick and Place Machine TVM802A / TVM802B
« Reply #1000 on: October 15, 2020, 04:15:56 pm »
Can't you repair it ?

Offline pgavionics@gmail.com

• Contributor
« Reply #1001 on: October 17, 2020, 06:26:55 am »
I have already lost a lot of time and money trying to repair it. I decided to buy a new one. Most probably I"ll sell it. It doesn't rotate nozzle one and accurate
placement, most probably because nozzle one doesn't rotate. I could try another driver board but no time available.

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
« Reply #1002 on: October 17, 2020, 07:14:47 am »
The same thing happened to me with 2 boards, nozzle 1 did not rotate, the rest was fine, luckily they did send me another CPU the last one was 6 months ago.
In three years I have changed 2 motor drivers and 2 CPU boards, the machine is of very poor quality, I also had other failures that I fixed, such as a broken cable and electronic failures in the head above.
I decided 6 months ago to change and update p & p, an SMT550, it has nothing to do with the TVM802B, the SMT550 looks like a solid, fast, accurate machine, I am very happy with the change.

Offline pgavionics@gmail.com

• Contributor
« Reply #1003 on: October 17, 2020, 09:04:41 am »
I'm about to order a ZB3245TSS. It seems a good quality PnP, they are having a good customer service and it's within my budget. They sent me the user's manual before ordering the machine. From QiHe I've got the manual 2 years after purchasing the TVM802. Has somebody used this PnP? Any comment would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 09:16:50 am by pgavionics@gmail.com »

The following users thanked this post: pdp11

Offline bjornsh67

« Reply #1004 on: November 10, 2020, 01:22:53 pm »
Hi,

Have you considered to repair the TVM802 by replacing the control board with a smoothieboard, add new higher quality cameras and use OpenPnP?

Bjørn

Offline kumarghz

« Reply #1005 on: January 07, 2021, 08:38:20 am »
Hi Guys,
Those are using TVM802A/B, please help me to fix two issues I'm facing with TVM802B machine which I just recently bought. Their after sales technical support seem to be not that great.

(1) TVM802B Fail to Drop the Chib

I used 0805 chib, it is not being dropped on the board even with solder paste on the pad. I believe the blow is not happening. When the nozzle drops the chib, and when the vacuum is disabled, there is small pressure is holding the chib on the nozzle around Pressure=6, this causes the nozzle not able to release the chib.
With using strong sticky pad (double sided tape), it seem it works.

(2) TVM802B Prick Intermittent Fail

Suddenly the prick is fail to function. I can hear small sound whenever press the prick button on the SW but the notification indicator on the SW is not lighted up.
To temporary fix this, I need to power cycle the machine and SW for few times.

I really appreciate all of your advice.

Offline ManuFerHi

• Contributor
« Reply #1006 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:49 am »
It looks like a CPU failure, they should send you a replacement CPU to test.
This machine is a disaster, I do not recommend its purchase to anyone, the construction quality is terrible and it is full of bugs, I have failed in 3 years the wiring (a cable broke from the movement), a connection of the motor to the shaft, 2 motor driver boards, 3 CPU
The board in the head also burned and I had to repair it and change the capacitors.
Now I have it repaired and functional, but I bought a superior model and I no longer use it.
The experience with TVM802B has been terrible.

Offline letis

« Reply #1007 on: January 11, 2021, 01:03:25 am »
help me!
Please provide a link to the latest software for TVM802b.
At the moment I only own version v3.15, I see some have version 3.22.
Thank!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:07:20 pm by letis »

Offline pl116

• Contributor
« Reply #1008 on: January 13, 2021, 05:22:45 pm »
help me!
Please provide a link to the latest software for TVM802b.
At the moment I only own version v3.15, I see some have version 3.22.
Thank!
i have 3.26 , why you did not ask directly Qihe ?

Offline tititoto

« Reply #1009 on: January 26, 2021, 09:45:29 pm »
Hi,
I own a tvm802b.
I run the software on a laptop under w10w.
I got a lot of problem for configuring the stacks,
mostly prick problems: it drag too much, or it can’t drag(plastic tapes)
what a nightmare. I also own a Charmhigh 36va ans finally
despite the fact that the sw is even worst than the 802 I finally
got less problem with feeders on the 36.

Do some people report that when a drag issue occured(the head drag
and the prick stay stuck) lead to a shift in X of pcb fiducials(real pos) ans also
feeder stack pos?

At a moment I used git to store screnshot of configured panel(panel is 10pcb with 2 fid)
but it’s worst, git doesn’t mix well with the software.
Should I switch to win7?  >> I just switch on W7 and have a try.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:09:52 am by tititoto »

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1010 on: February 06, 2021, 04:29:06 pm »
On the back side of head there is a screw to regulate presure, please test if it is correct
Best regards, Luk

Offline GymBoss

« Reply #1011 on: February 08, 2021, 07:03:40 pm »
Hello guys, can someone give me software for TVM802B? Im email to vendor, but it still in silence for some days.

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1012 on: April 14, 2021, 10:28:03 am »
I  buy one and made modifications, as on pictures.
Best regards, Luk

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1013 on: April 14, 2021, 10:31:44 am »
Another one...

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1014 on: April 14, 2021, 10:35:36 am »
And another one

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1015 on: April 14, 2021, 10:37:42 am »
Before final

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1016 on: April 14, 2021, 10:39:07 am »
And the last one  :)

Offline satyagupta

« Reply #1017 on: October 07, 2021, 03:56:10 am »
Hey guys,

recently we bought a TVM802AX, it would be arriving soon.

I want to know about its good and bad. What should be the first thing i should change or be worried about.

Anything that you can share would be great

TIA :-+

Offline inivanov

« Reply #1018 on: October 14, 2021, 12:15:28 pm »
I have TVM802B pick and place machine. And i have a problem. Machine gets component from left stack, than goes to place it on board, but nozzle doesn't going down to PCB (it goes half way down) and doesn't place the component. On next step machine goes to discard position and drops the element there. Nozzle positions are calibrated and there is no change.

Please advice me

Offline Smoczy

« Reply #1019 on: October 20, 2021, 10:02:40 pm »
Place a movie, what's going on, and place foto with parameters.
Best regards, Lukasz

Offline nicole

• Contributor
« Reply #1020 on: January 05, 2022, 12:44:42 pm »
FYI I just received software V3.31 for my TVM802BX from QiHe... I did not see major functionality changes, a changelog was also missing. They did add a user interface language switch button to the user interface and also started to implement what seems to be some kind of user management, you can switch between "Operator" and "Manager" but funny enough you can not configure these users - tse...

Will test this further later.

Some weeks ago I did a job with the machine and had quite some issues with plastic tapes in the feeders, these black ones, made from thin plastic. The pressure of the spring metal things in the feeder base were way too strong and held the tape so tight that the head was not able to pull / feed them. So I took the spring metal out and bent it to loosen up the tension, after that it worked better, but still not ideal. The thin plastic tape often tilt and twisted a little which made it getting stuck. Need to test this more when I get more of this type of tape.

BTW did anyone try the TVM802xx with other software than the one from QiHe? Like OpenPNP or such? Last time I checked OpenPNP support was discussed but not implemented.

Cheers
  nicole

Offline srt24

« Reply #1021 on: January 06, 2022, 10:42:08 am »
hello

I want to place the ICs precisely as in the video. but I couldn't make it. How can I do this fine tuning? can you help me. What adjustment could have been made in the video?

The ic is constantly inserted incorrectly.
skewed or not fully on target.
The chips are checked with the down camera but the problem persists.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:46:16 am by srt24 »

Offline nicole

• Contributor
« Reply #1022 on: January 10, 2022, 04:41:25 pm »
So, first then let me ask a couple of questions...

How do you try this? Do you use a bare PCB and "dry" place the chip? If you do then this will not work, I tried that too and failed. You need something on the PCB that the chip will stick to or the nozzle will shift it in a random direction while retracting. I am using a pretty transparent double sided sticky tape on a test PCB, that works well for placement testing.

If you have something sticky on the PCB and still have false placement results, are the errors you see consistent? I.e. is it always the same error for the same component on the same place?

If yes, then most likely your nozzle and/or camera calibration is off - and this is the really painful part. Quite naturally the machine needs to know where the camera positions are in relation to the nozzles and eventually also a rotation angle correction. The calibration for this can take a while and you need some tools for that.

First of I would recommend either finding some PCB or printing something with a printer that looks like a bullseye. Then attach the two smallest nozzles you have, put the bullseye on a fixed spot on the machine (so it can not move) and then aim the center with the down camera. Now enter machine settings and there nozzle settings, select "measure" (IIRC, I am writing this from memory). Aim the bullseye with the camera, set this as camera reference and then aim the center with the first nozzle. This is now very painful since you can not move the head while the nozzle is down so you have to aim, lower nozzle, up nozzle, correct, lower nozzle etc. until the nozzle lands perfectly in the middle. Now do that for both nozzles and save the results.

Now your machine knows where the down camera and nozzles are relative to each other. For parts placements without using the up facing camera this should now work in regards to position. You can try it out with a known layout (e.g. the test PCB that came with the machine), select a component and right click "aim with nozzle" or "aim with camera". Nozzle and down camera should land in the center of the component.

Now for the up facing camera. There is also a calibration menu for that. What you basically have to tell the machine is where the center of each nozzle is in relation to the center of the up camera. In my machine the nozzles are black so you actually do not see much of them in the camera view. But what I found to be useful are the values in the camera view, i.e. the offsets for X and Y while lowering the nozzle all the way down to the camera until the nozzle touches the glass. Now the camera logic will try to detect a "component" and draws a rectangle around the nozzle. The offset values now tell you how far the detected center is away from the camera center. Bingo! Exactly what you want. Now up the nozzle again, move the head and down the nozzle until these values are as small as possible.

Save and you are done!

Next you need to look at the IC tray and feeder settings as well as the component settings. You can have rotation offsets in there as well as vision thresholds. If the rotation is wrong your part will be assumed rotated and lands wrong. If the vision thresholds are wrong the margin of error for positioning the component can be either too high (aka "anything goes") or too low and vision will never complete correcting the position (and eventually abort and discard).

The calibration could IMHO be done a lot smarter and much more automated by the machine. But well... it can be made working with some patience - take your favorite hot or cold beverage, sit down, relax and be patient while teaching your poor little machine, it will be very grateful by placing your parts correctly next time.

Hope this helps?

Cheers
  nicole

Offline rszemeti

« Reply #1023 on: January 13, 2022, 01:39:30 pm »
There is an easier way to get the offset cameras, I have used this on some other pick and place, the principle works.

I put a little bit of blutak or some other soft material on the board, plasticine for example ... anything soft where the nozzle will make a mark.

Lower the nozzle until it touches the board and makes a mark in the blutak ... raise the nozzle (you might have to clean it!) and now you can switch to the camera and just centre it on the mark.  Very quick, very easy.

The following users thanked this post: NF6X

Offline nicole

• Contributor
« Reply #1024 on: January 13, 2022, 02:00:13 pm »
Oh, indeed, that is actually pretty clever and avoids parallax effect errors. Just the question which kind of material to make the mark in? I am also a bit worried about the residue on the nozzle.
Hmm... maybe create $something with a hole in it which pretty much exactly fits the nozzle, move down the nozzle into that hole, fix the material in its location and then move the camera to the hole's position? But anyway, yes, doing it the way around seems pretty clever, indeed :)

Cheers
  nicole

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf