Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Prices of Chinese PCB manufacturers for low quantities of simple tiny PCB?

(1/2) > >>

kalel:
Hi there,

In case you're quite patient and don't mind the 30 days or so shipping from China, do you have any estimate on the possible cost for a small single-layer PCB?

I'm not sure about the factors which determine the cost (no experience with custom PCB what so ever), but let's consider a small, simple circuit that allows you to place a few SMD LEDs and resistors.

As I know that it's required to be more specific than that, but I don't have a certain project in mind, let's take this as a random example of something small and perhaps cheap. A custom PCB that can fit inside of a computer USB, so a few centimeters length and width. 2 copper traces (or whatever the proper name is) for the USB power supply, and some exposed copper to place e.g. 2-3 LEDs in parallel.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Mini-universal-USB-Laptop-3-LED-Light-Pocket-Card-Night-Lamp-Black-AD-/331941092411 except maybe slightly larger components for easier soldering. I'm not sure what the exposed copper on the top is for, perhaps it's a heat sink of sorts that allows it to be screwed onto a piece of aluminum or etc. If it doesn't cost extra to leave more exposed copper, that's a good idea.

Obviously, that's not attractive in any way as such an item already exists and is cheaper to buy, but it's probably one of the simplest/cheapest boards to make, so I'm just taking that as an example.

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to make such a PCB in low quantity from the Chinese PCB manufacturers on eBay and Aliexpress? E.g. 5-10 pieces (maybe it's not even possible below 10) for personal practice. Most seem to need finished gerber files before you can get a quote/estimate so I'm not sure I could ask them in a similar fashion.

Thanks.

ebclr:
This site will gave  a good idea

http://pcbshopper.com/

kalel:
Thanks, will check it out. :)

boffin:
For small proto stuff, it's pretty hard to beat the US based OSHPARK.COM, $5/sq in for 3 boards

I just had a 10 board run of a 85x55mm board done w/ dirtypcbs, and it was fine.  Shipping isn't the fastest, about a 6 week turnaround, but from everything I'm seeing that the time to enter canada more than the time to ship from Hong Kong.

ebclr:
 US-based means Very expensive for anybody outside North America

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version