Author Topic: Puhui T960 and T961 ovens  (Read 3241 times)

Offline devonnijeTopic starter

• Contributor
Puhui T960 and T961 ovens
« on: February 21, 2021, 11:44:56 am »
Considering one of these.

Almost no reviews on the www - of what I have found - nothing is negative.

I'd like to conclude that lack of web chatter is a good sign, but could also suggest no one is using?

So my question is - Anyone got one? How is it?

T961 "seems" the later machine, with 3 zones top and bottom, whereas I assume the 960 is 3 up and 2 down. The 961 also looks like it may be based on a re-write of their firmware (which of course could be "out of the pan and into the fire")

I'll probably take the punt anyways, and if i do, will update this.

Offline wrickert

• Contributor
Re: Puhui T960 and T961 ovens
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 06:39:45 pm »
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a T961. Did you buy one? How has it gone? Have a great day!

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 02:56:24 pm »
Yea, I got T961S (with a touch screen)

The advent of a touchscreen DOES NOT HERALD the beginnings of any great shakes with their firmware abilities.

TBH - we've not done much with it, other than run it up and look at the temps as the unit displays them. "seems" OK.

There's a setting for telling the unit what the ambient temperature is - that alarms me - as it suggests CJC is still absent.

I have emails from Puihui (Gaby) assuring me that ALL their ovens have proper CJC, and are properly earthed.

Ya pays a little money, and takes your choice.

I am however optimistic that it will perform to reflow our boards.

If it doesn't, we did a 6 channel auto-tune PID controller for a textile application (In Z80 with 16K and 512 bytes!!)  - The 961S will get one of those lashed-up if all else fails.

As a freebie, they included some spare "electric wind wheels" ... which makes me wonder why ... ?

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 06:32:20 am »
I keep getting spam emails for these at less than $2000, US stocked. At that price I'm considering one as a back up to my aging Vitronics 5 zone.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 07:20:44 am »
Ours was sourced direct, and in our goods-in (in the UK) for less than $2000.00 -- and that included one of their "better" stencil printers (which is also "ok(ish)"

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 12:46:22 pm »
OK - This thing is super-crazy (I have the touch screen version (T961S) )

There is STILL NO CJC on these things, you have to enter an ambient value ... OK, you might think. [not ideal, and hard to believe, but an improvement on their 962 series]  but ....

The t/c board is within the chassis, and gets bloody hot. So, OK [you might think again] I'll adjust it from time to time as the oven chassis warms up, but ....

Whenever you set/reset the ambient value, the oven says "OK, thanks for that, I assume the oven is currently iso-thermal, and therefore I'll offset all my t/c readings so they match the ambient value you just set. (I.e. 150C oven, will reset it's readings to ambient, and then draw 12kw trying to get temps back -- to surface of the Sun levels of course!)

Crazy-crazy-crazy!

So quick fix is to mount the t/c board outside the chassis, and blow it gently with ambient air. Wait for the thing to cool down completely and set an ambient, and NEVER change it.

Longterm .... brew our own t/c SSD PCB, and replace the touchscreen with our own hardware (used in an irrigation controller) and write some code.

Perhaps (?) try and snoop/suss the serial coms from the touchscreen to the t/c board (it has a tiny 8051), BUT i suspect the crazy offsetting thing is done by the touchscreen.

Just nuts.

A bad week, Chinese sent me this oven, JLC sent me BBT'ed PCB with a dead short, and East Rising sent me a TFT with a shorted backlight. All these people claim full QC/Test.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 06:36:29 am »
ArthurRobin - Please would you send me latest s/w for TVM926 .... I have asked many times, and never get answer.

Machine serial number = SN-71-3A-34-00-33-1E

Offline ArthurRobin

• !
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 06:55:54 am »
pls send a message to email :)     sales4@qihekj.com
Sales manager would send software via wetransfer link

thanks

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 11:49:35 am »