Author Topic: Purchase BOM from single source? Experiences?  (Read 6086 times)

Offline SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Purchase BOM from single source? Experiences?
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:19 pm »
They also seem to make less picking errors, and those times they have no choice but to put chips in bags, pack them in a way that minimises the risk of damage. Of course its not next day...
There is also Anglia, they do something called Ready Reel where they re-reel stuff typically at 1000 parts instead of 3k or 5k, they then stick a little blue sticker on the reel that says "CUT TAPE Inspect Orientation" this sticker means we can't bothered to train our monkeys, they absolutely have wound this tape on backwards, and we don't care.

Offline olkipukki

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 02:36:26 pm »

Yes, Digikey and Mouser now work just like Uk suppliers - VAT charged at time of order, no surprises later.

Mouser clears items via French VAT number, so basically EC sales to UK customer and you do not pay VAT (assuming VAT registered business)

Offline olkipukki

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:32 pm »
... in stupid little bags. ...

this

It seems like nothing else to do more practical for Farnell...  :palm:
as example, bought thousand connector housings, received - hundreds 'little bags' (ration 1:10) and spend quite a bit of time to 'unpack' these  :horse:

Offline nardevTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:43 pm »

this

as example, bought thousand connector housings, received - hundreds 'little bags' (ration 1:10) and spend quite a bit of time to 'unpack' these  :horse:

Nah.. don't open it, just cut the top with scalpel pen :D much satisfying :D

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 07:40:32 am »

this

That happens with Digikey sometimes too, my most recent order had 100 100Ω 0805 resistors delivered in three bags with 25 each, one bag with 21, another with 3, and a final one with just one.

They also repack things which don't need repacking, like batteries, in another recent order I ordered 10 coin cells, and each one had been rebagged into their own bags, that were much larger than the cardboard packaging they normally come in.

Offline KL27x

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:53 am »
The most annoying thing Mouser ever did to me was send me a tube of QFN that appeared to be the loose chips repacked by hand. They were all turned 90 degrees. But I've seen gigantic piles of individually bagged components, before, and now I know it wasn't necessarily the result of my client clearing out a Radio Shack going out of business sale.

The other annoying thing is when you order the amount shown as "available," and select "one shipment when complete." Then they go to fill it, and they come up one short. Then your order never ships until they get new stock. Of course, it is also annoying when you get 99% of your order, then 1 month later you get that last chip shipped out to you. I think it should be obvious when you order 100% of what's in stock that they will automatically reduce it to what's actually in stock if they turn out to have 1 less available than shown, and send you a notice.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:27:43 am by KL27x »

The following users thanked this post: nardev

Offline nardevTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 05:40:41 am »
Just got an email from LCSC, of 80 battery clips, they have 79 :) But that was ok in my case. Good that they case about that.

:( someone bought 420 while i was adding products to cart so i have to wait for restocking :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf