Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Quad QSA-30A will arrive tomorrow

(1/24) > >>

jmelson:
Well, at long last, my Quad QSA-30A is supposed to arrive on a truck tomorrow morning!  I bought this at an auction in Austin TX for $500 (I was the only bidder).  Hopefully, it is in working shape.  I will end up paying $5000 total, with shipping, feeders, fork lift rental, plywood (to prevent forklift sinking into back yard), etc. etc.

This is a 2250 Lb machine, 5 x 5.5 feet, 3 nozzles with automatic nozzle exchange, supposedly good for 13K components/hour.
It has flying vision on all 3 nozzles (with line-scan cameras) and is supposed to be reck-solid for 0.65 mm lead pitch.  I'm going to try to add an upward camera to get more accurate placement of 0.5 mm lead pitch parts.

Here's hoping it is in good condition.

Jon

Mangozac:
What a beast! How many 8mm feeders can it take?

It's crazy how old machines become worth such a low amount that the most expensive part is freighting them within your own country!

SMdude:
Bahahaha!!!  :-DD

Sorry, I just had to laugh!!
I bought my pnp early this year and it was summer, I had no problems getting it into my shed.
In the mean time I decided it would be a great idea to buy another house, the winter rain came and my backyard became non forklift friendly!
With only a couple of weeks left to move it(I bought a forklift as it was going to cost too much to hire a forklift at both ends)(and every man needs a forklift!) I have had to install a brick path to get the forklift to my shed to remove it.. Finally I have the forklift in my shed and pnp firmly attached to its pallet. Next for getting it all back across that dodgy brick path. Hopefully it doesn't all sink half way across....  :-DD

Nice score on the machine! I wish I lived in the US, second had gear like that here in Australia is rarer than hens teeth.

jmelson:

--- Quote from: Mangozac on August 04, 2020, 01:49:08 am ---What a beast! How many 8mm feeders can it take?

--- End quote ---
Looks like about 75.  Way more than I will ever need.

--- Quote ---It's crazy how old machines become worth such a low amount that the most expensive part is freighting them within your own country!

--- End quote ---
Well, it may have something to do with the current pandemic and economic mess, a good time to be buying capital equipment.
But, of course, I have to get it running.  Right now, it seems to be having an electronic fault, so I may have to buy some VME boards.
This could get expensive.

Jon

SMdude:
Make sure all of the boards are seated in properly if you haven't already. Things rattle around a bit whilst on the back of a truck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version